Home Lakes closing :(

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
clarkhess122
Petty Officer

Home Lakes closing :(

Post by clarkhess122 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm really sad because my home lake is closing. I usually don't mind because up until this year I only fished for trout and it was usually fished out by this time, but now that I went over to the dark side [biggrin] I've been catching fish up until closing day. It also seemed like my bro and I finally figured out how to catch 'em. So I'm in a semi depression right now. are there any other lakes that are accesable for a jon-boat or float tube that are open year round? Close to seattle/woodinville is good.
also commiseration about lakes closing goes here. :-({|=

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Home Lakes closing :(

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:34 pm

I keep forgetting, is it the bass guys or the trout guys that are the dark side? :spiderman I wish I could keep this stuff straight!

What's your home water?

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:55 am

Try Lake Cavanaugh, it is fairly close to Woodinville, open all year long, is considered a good to very good mixed species lake hosting kokanee, cutthroat, rainbows and various warm-water species. Aside from periods of heavy snow the ramp is accessible year-round, offering a no worries packed gravel approach to the water with plenty of parking.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:36 am

There's Lake Washington, Kenmore Launch. Cottage Lake if you wanna run on electric only.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:45 am

Mike Carey wrote:I keep forgetting, is it the bass guys or the trout guys that are the dark side? :spiderman I wish I could keep this stuff straight!

What's your home water?
Definitly trout is the DARK SIDE. BASS is where it's at. :cheers:
Tom.

Interests: living

clarkhess122
Petty Officer

Post by clarkhess122 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:36 am

Haha I've been told bass fishing is the dark side...once you start there's no going back. Definitely not a bad thing though.
My home lake is Cottage and i've pretty much had a love-hate relationship with it. I'm about 99% sure that it closes today [crying] unless the regs changed since last year.
I haven't heard of Lake Cavanaugh I'll have to give that a shot.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:33 am

You can also give Samammish a go. If you have a car topper and don't mind carrying/dragging your boat a short distance, you can launch for free at Idlywood Park near the north end of the lake.

While in Washington State, fishing for spiny rays leads you on down the path of the dark side where large and small mouth bass await your arrival. Image

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:45 pm

I believe Goodwin is open year round, and there are some nice fish in that lake.

bcalvert
Lieutenant

Post by bcalvert » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:46 am

Goodwin is open year around. If your willing to drive to Skagit County - Big, Clear, Beaver and Cavanaugh, as previously mentioned, are still open.