What sits in your tackle box unused?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dwh4784
Petty Officer

What sits in your tackle box unused?

Post by dwh4784 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:59 am

I just got a new tackle box and went through the old one cleaning out some stuff. At the bottom I came across some things I haven't used in years, if ever. Thought it would be interesting to see what people use rarely or don't use at all but can't bring themselves to toss in the trash. Anyway, these found their way into the new box;

Blue and chrome Rat-L-Trap
Black and silver Devil's Horse
2 Johnson's Silver Minnow in Gold, 1/4oz and 1/2oz

I've used the Devil's Horse a few times, and remember my dad almost accidentally catching a blue heron on one once (it picked it up sideways and he flicked it out of it's beak when it attempted to turn it to swallow it). The others I don't know that I've ever used or where they came from honestly. I tied the smaller Johnson's spoon on this last weekend and casted it a lot, didn't catch anything but had lots of dinks hitting it eating the trailer off of it. Seems like it has a nice wobble to it so I'll probably try it over weed beds when the conditions are right. I don't like spinnerbaits so any alternative to them I'll give a chance.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Re: What sits in your tackle box unused?

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:54 am

we used to use the silver minnows with pork rind attached for pike and bass back on the east coast.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:58 pm

I have spinnerbaits, jigs, plastics of several types, I fish from a tube so it just sits in the pockets waiting patiently for the right time.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

noah the angler
Petty Officer

Post by noah the angler » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Most crank baits in my tackle box are left to be unused.

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:02 pm

I have about a half dozen boxes full of gear I don't use regularly, I've stocked up at places that go out of business and have clearance sales. So a lot of it is extra or spare for when I need it. All good excuses for a fishing gear horder like me haha