bradly lake bass fishing

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
boyscoutman
Angler

bradly lake bass fishing

Post by boyscoutman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:40 am

hi I go to Bradly lake a lot in Puyallup. I always see people pull out some nice bass or even here about it from some people. I was wandering what would you recommend using.

spokey9
Captain

Re: bradly lake bass fishing

Post by spokey9 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:27 am

Personally I'd try a rainbow trout patterned jerkbait or a swimbait. As often as they stock Bradley, I'd bet the bigger Bass key in on those trout.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

sbasser
Petty Officer

Re: Bradley lake bass fishing

Post by sbasser » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:38 pm

I looked it up on Google Earth. Could use some details about the lake...weed growth, for instance. If sparse, I'd suggest splitshotting a 5" Zoom lizard (green pumpkin and watermelon work everywhere). Throw it out and let it fall to the bottom, then drag it in slowly. If thicker weeds, a 5" GYCB Senko or Yum Dinger would work, also Green Pumpkin or Watermelon. A 1/0 Gamakatsu EWG will work for either. Throw it out and leave it to the fish to come get it, mostly. Please practice Catch & Release in a small lake like that.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Split shot, or Carolina rigged. Normally split shot uses a lighter weight, say 1/8th to 1/4 oz when I was doing it a lot back in the '90s. Also split shot/slip shot just has the weight 'pegged' to the line.

Carolina rigged uses a 1/2 oz, or a little more, bullet weight. The Carolina rig has the 'dropper/leader' line tied to a swivel, with the hook tied to the other end, anywhere from 2 feet to 6 feet between the hook and swivel, and the main line tied to the other ring of the swivel.

The bullet weight normally is allowed to slide up and down the line so the fish doesn't feel the weight of the bullet weight when they pick up the worm or lizard. Also there is a glass bead between the weight and the swivel, it protects the knot from the weight slamming into it, and makes a clicking sound when the weight hits it while dragging the rig along the bottom, makes the fish think it's a crayfish walking around on the rocks, or their claws clicking.

Plastic beads aren't as good as glass beads. We use to get our beads from a crafts store.
Tom.

Interests: living

sbasser
Petty Officer

Post by sbasser » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:57 am

Google will lead to diagrams of these various rigs. I used to forget that, but now it's become 2nd nature. Sometimes it requires navigating several websites, but it will work!

Remember that each rigging has to be a balanced system. This starts with the lure, then hook size, line size, and rod power. For example, you're not likely to be able to get a good hookset with a 5/0 EWG, on an 8" lizard, on 6 lb test line, and a whippy trout rod. :fish: Sbasser

danyole
Angler

Post by danyole » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Chatterbaits will be good for this lake considering it can get weedy. Weightless Senkos texas rigged will also excel here. Mainly watermelon with black and red flakes or a bluegill pattern.