Jig Color for SMB in Lake Stevens Sno County

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dutchman2858
Commander

Jig Color for SMB in Lake Stevens Sno County

Post by dutchman2858 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:49 am

Does anyone have a suggestion on what jig color to use for deeper water this time of year in Lake Stevens?

I’ll try all I’ve got, but a starting point would be appreciate. Thanks

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Re: Jig Color for SMB in Lake Stevens Sno County

Post by 8theB8 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:12 am

Just start with black and blue and lighten it up from there...green pumpkin, then pumpkinseed etc. I would recommend hula-grubs over an actual 'jig' if that makes sense? 3/8-1oz jig head and run them on a drop shot as the weight. If you want to use an actual JIG, I would recommend a mop jig as the 'living rubber' vs. silicone shirt works better in colder, clear water. I also highly recommend using 10lb braid when fishing deep. Much more sensitive and much better hook-up ratio.

Dress warm and good luck! [thumbup]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:50 pm

I use braid with about 6 to 10 feet of floro carbon as leader. Or a good two arms stretched apart for the leader length is fine. Braid might be even be 15 lb, and floro 10 lb test. I like the braid to be a little higher test than the floro. I have one dropshot rod always rigged with the jig as the weight.
Tom.

Interests: living

dutchman2858
Commander

Post by dutchman2858 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Thanks, B8 and AMX, my dropshot rod already has braid to Fluoro rigged. I like hula grubs for Smallies so I’ll give the combo idea a try.

I’ll try some deep cranks over points also. Hope to try it next week.