Lake Fazon & Wiser Lake Access

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fisherman92
Lieutenant

Lake Fazon & Wiser Lake Access

Post by fisherman92 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:18 pm

Hey all,

Quick Questions.
Are Fazon & Wiser accessible for a 18ft bass boat?
Also maybe Beaver lake near Clear lake? Ive fished it but its been years and only from a pontoon, I doubt that one would work?
I have these lakes on my list to fish but don't want to make the journey with my Z18 if they aren't accessible.
I know they are small with limited access but that hasn't stopped me before on bad access lakes such as Shoecraft.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Re: Lake Fazon & Wiser Lake Access

Post by branweeds » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:38 am

I’ve launched a 17’ boat with my buddy in both Fazon and Wiser. Fazon launch is super shallow so you need waders to get out far enough. Wiser has a pretty good launch. Last year with low water we had the most issues with Terrell.

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:46 am

Thanks for the feedback Branweeds! You always help me out on my questions for up north!
Yeah I avoided Terrell last year after spring since I knew it'd be really weedy and low.
I hit smallies really the hard last couple years but this year I want to focus on largemouth a bit more than I have been.

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:54 pm

You probably know but Wiser can have hit or miss days but sometimes a big fish, and Fazon is usually numbers. I have caught a couple decent fish out of there but a hell of a lot more 1 pounders than 3 pounders.

If you go yak fishing up here send me a PM I know a few other good spots.