Your favorite lure?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
ckim85
Commander

Your favorite lure?

Post by ckim85 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:10 am

Thought it might be interesting to get a little discussion going.
Until yesterday, I relied heavily on soft plastics to catch all my bass. Truth be told, it was the only lure I was semi confident in, whcih doesnt say much because I haven't caught many!

But yesterday, while waiting for my gf to get off work, I dropped by a small lake and decided I was only going to take ONE single spinnerbait and learn to fish it.
Tossed it around lilypads, above weed beds, around docks, and I was constantly getting bites. Within a short period of a hour that I fished, I caught roughly 8 or so bass with just as many missed. None were huge but a decent 10-12"s.

I gotta say...I am absolutely in love with it! The way you can literally see the bass swim out of the weed bed and pounce on that spinnerbait was a thrill.

So currently, spinnerbaits are my favorite lure to fish with! I've fished with buzzbait, crankbait, soft plastics, etc, with nothing to really show for it but looks like I'll be fishing with my spinnerbait more often :)

So what is your favorite lure and why?
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Your favorite lure?

Post by Amx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:33 am

Crankbaits because they have been more consistant the last 3 years. Before that it was spinnerbaits. Before that it was plastics.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

crankbait42
Commander

Post by crankbait42 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:39 am

j-11 rapala used like a wakebait. followed closely by spinnerbaits.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

uncyboo
Petty Officer

Post by uncyboo » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:11 pm

Spinnerbait, crankbait, spooks, plastics, in that order. To me, the first three are pure fun. Plastics, especially Texas rigged and jigs, are the workhorses. It takes more concentration to do it right, and the areas they are traditionally fished in take more skill and sometimes finesse. It's also a slower pace. I use them alot, and certainly not knocking them, but if I can throw a spinnerbait for the same results, I will.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:27 pm

floating rapala rainbowtrout or 7" pearch rapala
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:53 pm

I like the Yamamoto Swim Senko...very versatile. Caught a lot of very nice fish this year with it. Next is Zoom Horny Toad or similar bait, frogs too. Hell, I like em all!
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:56 pm

The last one i got a bass on !!! Depending on the lake , the time of year , conditions, Its hard for me to say i only love one !! :-({|=

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:02 pm

I like the bait the conditions are calling for.. Nothing better then a top water if I had to pick a favorite to catch fish on:-"
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

jigs
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:55 pm

Favorite Lure? You have got to be kidding!

I would not use a hammer to install a screw, nor would I use a fly swatter to drive a nail. The proper tool for each job at hand, and that is the reason I have more tackle then some fishing shops.#-o :-({|=
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Can't really pin one specific one down, but for different conditions and time of year my favorite go to lures would be 1/2oz. Black/Blue Jig, 6" Green Pumkin Brushhog, 8" Huddleston and Red Shad Senko. Never leave home without these baits. Well, I could say my favorite to throw would be the Huddleston but I just don't give it the time it deserves.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:56 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:The last one i got a bass on !!! Depending on the lake , the time of year , conditions, Its hard for me to say i only love one !! :-({|=
Conditions dictate which bait I love/use at the time,..not totally sold out on any one certain bait,..I agree BBD!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Teal101
Warrant Officer

Post by Teal101 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:28 am

Would have to be a rapala dt-4. Its me go to shallow water search and catch lure. Caught my first moses Small mouth on one. Once I got dialed in on what colors were most effective the rest is history. I'm still in the phase of using one lure and learning it well so eventually I'll switch over to a jig, worm, frog, etc. But for now my DT-4 has put 16 smallies in the boat off moses and 100+ LM bass off of curlew with a few bonus muskie hits. Just got my frog rod and reel soooo I'm hoping I get bit by the frog bug.

Bass Woody
Petty Officer

Post by Bass Woody » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:06 am

Ya that is a tough one. so many favorites. how about if the thread was about your "go to" lure. the it never fails, usually. I would have to say a black and blue mini king spinner. even on the toughest biting lakes and pickiest bass it has never let me go home with out a catch, even if it was just one tiny bass.
LIP RIPPER

BassAssassin
Angler

Post by BassAssassin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Mine would have to be a perch colored Rapala jointed shad rap for smallies and plastic worm for lmb!

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:24 pm

wow thats a hard one........got to go with senkos...no no jigs, no no jointed shad raps, no no SPRO frogs, no no spinnerbaits, come to think about it I can't make my mind up.#-o
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tagwatson360
Commander

Post by tagwatson360 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:52 pm

TW Swimmer for smallies. Mop Jig for largies.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:58 pm

BassDood wrote:I like the Yamamoto Swim Senko...very versatile. Caught a lot of very nice fish this year with it. Next is Zoom Horny Toad or similar bait, frogs too. Hell, I like em all!
Jerry likes fishing frogs unless I'm with him - then he hates them because I jinx his frog and it catches nothing :-({|=

I'll always be particular to buzzbaits. Growing up in GA, a buzzbait was by far my go-to lure almost any time. Them southern bass will demolish a buzz.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

tmusky1
Lieutenant

Post by tmusky1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:12 pm

When the time is right, I'll throw a silver flitter shad Zara Spook Puppy. Nothing better for me than throwing one right at dusk after a hot day. By the way, using a pistol grip casting rod helps alleviate a lot of wrist stress when using them.

lemagoat
Warrant Officer

Post by lemagoat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:54 am

I would have to say my fav of all time would be a Heddon tiny torpedo! from daylight til9am and from 7pm til dark That lure for me cant be outfished. the only prob is it doesnt seem to get anything over about 4lbs! i'm fine with that though i'd rather catch 5 2-4 lbers then 1 5lber. jmo.
Live life, Love your wife, drive a goat, Catch a hog and be happy