Riffe lake streams and creeks

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
drysuperfly52
Commander

Riffe lake streams and creeks

Post by drysuperfly52 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:27 am

i am headed to riffe lake this weekend and i packed my flypole and ready to hit some quite creeks, i have been searching for a promising creek and come up empty. the most promising creek in landers which flows into riffe (south side, mid lake) i have my truck which i will take on some hairy roads if i know fishing is at the end.

any ideas of smaller water i can throw a fly on?
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Riffe lake streams and creeks

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Bump... Help a Brutha out. Anybody swinging a bug stick in Western WA. I have to support. [woot]

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:21 pm

The Cispus river is pretty small streamy, has trout and whitefish and springers. There is the Tilton and its forks, which has a healthy cutthroat population, they used to put rainbows in it too. Further out there is Skate Creek, running into the upper Cowlitz. When the water is low, the outlet creek from Swofford Pond has tons of bass in it to throw at. You could always float tube the lake for silvers, or fish the edges for warm water fish. It depends on how far you want to go, the area has tons of creeks, some of which will have fish in them. There are alpine lakes in the area as well, lots of logging roads to drive down, lots of little creeks. If it has access and water in it year round, odds are there are trout in it some place, maybe nothing of any size. Swofford itself will get you tons of fish catching, but it's not a stream.

drysuperfly52
Commander

Post by drysuperfly52 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:07 am

Thanks nate, i hit up one of the forks on the tilton and did alright, only fished for a couple hours but it was def producing. they had a lot of roads closed this year. some dumb ass was shooting tracers on a day with 30mph wind, the hill caugh on fire and the logging company closed up every gate they had.

its amazing how one idiot can ruin something for everyone else.
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:27 am

Crazy. Some people are dumb.