Float craft connection (Let's get on the water!)

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gringo Pescador

Float craft connection (Let's get on the water!)

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:58 am

My hopes for this forum is similar to the Open seat string in the fresh water forum. If you have a human powered craft (Drift Boat, Pontoon boat, Cataraft, kayak, etc.) and would like to get on the river with like-minded boaters. Post up your information here. One of the drawbacks of floating rivers alone is getting back to your rig (shuttle service) when the day is done. My goal of this is to solve that issue and get some connections made from the site to be able to float/fish together.
Post up your information and let's get on the river! :cheers:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Gringo Pescador

Re: Float craft connection (Let's get on the water!)

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:06 am

Craft: 1 seater, 10' cataraft
Home river: Skykomish
Rivers/runs familiar with: Skykomish (high bridge-Sultan), Wynoochie (7400-White bridge), Cowlitz (Blue Creek-Mission Bar)

I have my cat on a trailer that would be possible to stack a 2nd rig on top of it for shuttling.
With planning I can get out weekends and some weekdays.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Great idea Gringo. I made this a sticky. I've got a two person pontoon. Fish Mondays.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Maybe someday I'll have to try that. Does it work on Cassidy? I think that's the name of the lake I'm thinking of. The one where you can have an outboard, but can't use it.
Tom.

Interests: living

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:51 pm

cool Idea!

I have a 9 foot toon single person I can go to a-lot of places but restricted to light rapids I think it is level I-II rapids.

I have a truck now so i can place in the back with both toons full or can break down as I have an inverter in the truck also to fill up at the river lake or what not.

currently out of work all days work for me with some notice.

fishmanchris
Angler

Post by fishmanchris » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:10 pm

I fish a Scadden rampage and an assault
. Fish the Sky.

docvader
Angler

Post by docvader » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 pm

Im a newbie up here living in Puyallup,, Im use to Bass Fishing down in the south... Just moved from Texas and been here just a lil over a month. Im very interested in learning how yall fish for Salmon and Steelies. I did get to drift the Winooch once and saw how a few guys were very productive on the pontoon floats. So I found me a good priced 10 footer on craigslist and Im ready to hit the local rivers. The only Issue I need a partner,,, I have a lil dodge dakota pickup,, should be no problem puttin to floats in the back of. any thing with in a 2 hour drive Im down for. Im also in the military so I have access to the Nisqually on post. So I can easily get a fishin buddy on post as long as they are with me. [email protected]

Hank
Petty Officer

Post by Hank » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:56 am

Craft: Ocean Kayak Pro Angler 15
Truck: Tacoma w/two kayak racks on top and a trailer hitch.

I'm new to kayak angling, but not new to kayaking or fishing. I live in the Mukilteo area (8-2) and the Skycomish is not far away. I'm available evenings, every other Friday, and most week-ends.

fishmanchris
Angler

Post by fishmanchris » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:04 am

Next week (Friday) from High Bridge to Sultan?

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:50 pm

fishmanchris wrote:Next week (Friday) from High Bridge to Sultan?
Wish I could, but unfortunately I can't do this Friday. Keep me in mind when you are planning other days/times though. I am able to get some weekdays off when I "work the system" just right.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Rvr_fshr wrote:Name is brian

16' wide bottom Willies drift boat,
Live in puyallup area, have drifted cowlitz barrier to mission
I fish saturday and sunday
I plan on going saturday, any ideas where lets double down
yo could count me in brian [drool] :cheers:oh and bring yo buddy jenny cuz i got a bone to pick with him :thumbdown
Attachments
P8050222.JPG
P8050222.JPG (31.72 KiB) Viewed 39486 times
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

machewbacca
Petty Officer

Post by machewbacca » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 pm

anyone wanna float the sky on saturday?

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:43 pm

machewbacca wrote:anyone wanna float the sky on saturday?
I would if I could get out this weekend, got too much going on though. I will PM you if something changes!

[email protected]
Angler

Post by [email protected] » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:41 am

Interested in doing some float fishing down rivers around South Sound Nisqually, Puyallup, Cow, Skookumchuck, ect so if you'll are interested in going keep in touch, 253 651-8057 or e-mail me at [email protected] Looking forward to getting some fish caught been skunked as of late. Do not know yet if I can make the Sky run yet, will have to wait until you'll narrow down the date, but definitely interested in going. Mike Carey also helped me with the taxi guy that will take you back to your rig which I did not know existed so have a good one, Thanks Eric

docvader
Angler

Post by docvader » Wed May 29, 2013 11:19 am

I live in Puyallup and I have a 9 foot tooner, Im still quite new to fishing in the North West but Im wanting to get out and get the experience. Im up for almost any type of fishing. Rod or Fly Fishing. I would love to go with some people and do a over night float. My #1 goal this summer is to float and camp on the Grande Ronde river and catch a slew of small mouths. Im hearing that theres a many of them and they love to hook on. If any one is interested in camping, floating and fishing the Grande Rande inbetween Middle June to Late July, or would like to fish a little closer to Pierce County please contact me at 253-861-7779.
A little about me. Im origanly form Mississippi. Im 34 and Statationed at Ft. Lewis. Like I said Im new to the style of fishing that is done up here in Washington, but I cant wait to get out and learn.

casey belarde
Petty Officer

Post by casey belarde » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:43 am

I have a 9' pontoon,it's only seen the lakes around here in spokane lol, I fish the spokane pretty regular on foot, due to the fact I have no friends with pontoons lol
so if your here in town send me a P.M. lets hit the river [thumbsup]

sealegs
Warrant Officer

Post by sealegs » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:57 am

I'm a Veteran living up here on the east side of Seattle. I don't have a boat and probably won't buy on anytime soon. I need practice before that happens. If someone has the space on their boat, I would be happy to chip in for gas. I normally bank fish from Sky, Snohomish and Puyallup. you can text me at 425 269 2613

thanks,

Diamonddave
Petty Officer

Post by Diamonddave » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:27 am

Hello, Im new to the area and live in Bonney Lake Wa. I dont have a float craft but I do need fishing / hunting buddies! Im out of work due to a bad back but I do just fine fishing and hunting! Hit me up on PM or call 805-444-3312

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:32 am

Location- Snohomish
Boat- 18' x 56" Thunderjet Drift Boat
Rivers- Skykomish (Forks to high bridge, high bridge to sultan, sultan to monroe)
Stillaguamish (multiple floats on the N.f. and mainstem river)
Skagit (marblemount to rockport)
Snoqualmie (plum to fall city)

As well as O.P. trips

I can fish any day during the week, I don't mind enjoying a refreshment and a good cigar on the river. Please have your own gear and be similar with fishing, I can coach a little bit but my days off are for me to enjoy fishing.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:47 am

PM sent 360