do you think my setup will work for green/duwamish

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Ezlivn89
Petty Officer

Re: do you think my setup will work for green/duwamish

Post by Ezlivn89 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:40 pm

I have a copy of the regs at home, and in my truck just at work, just im at work still and trying to gather the information i can.
It wouldnt be called fishing unless you are always catching, best of luck!

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Just word of advice, that's it.

Yes, I do recommend floating eggs at the green and duwamish, I had great luck last year.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Ezlivn89 wrote:
I have a couple hundred dicknites so one of them should be good, hand me downs from my grandfather
score!!!! a couple hundred? srsly? score! thats like $600.00 in dick nites at the cheapest price you would ever find.. $800+

i'll buy 30 from ya at $1 a piece.. ;)

Ezlivn89
Petty Officer

Post by Ezlivn89 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:24 am

A little explanation on that, mygrand father was big into fishing, he passed away a few years back but before that he handed down me a 1985 6hp evinrude, cleanest motor of that age you will ever see, i can promise, starts first pull, 12ft sears boat and i thought that was it, well i was wrong, while cleaning some stuff at my dads place, i come across 3 tackle boxes all with my gramps name on them and open them up and found a lure heaven, 73 bass lures, some which are 14 bucks or more on the tags back in the 80's, i believe it was for striped bass in arizona or colorado, like i said hundreds of dicknites new in packaging and some used, my scale meausred 14.3lbs in lead weight. few hundred hooks. 23 flashers for kokanee, 3 scales, 43 wedding rings, 12 packages of 6, hook and liter setup, along with 22 nicely put away along with more stuff. But since my dad doesnt fish he was saying he was hanging onto it for me and forgot about them. I have a couple 50s engraved old reels, and a couple 60s salmon reels, the biggest loss i have though was my grandfather had 6 bamboo poles that were suppose to go to me but we couldnt find them, when the auction ppl cleared out the house they found them and took them when they were suppose to leave them if they found them. >:( Either way im very thankful for everything he gave me.
It wouldnt be called fishing unless you are always catching, best of luck!