Green River 2012 Chat

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
seattlesteban
Petty Officer

Green River 2012 Chat

Post by seattlesteban » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Last edited by seattlesteban on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

seattlesteban
Petty Officer

Re: Green River 2012 Chat

Post by seattlesteban » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:24 pm

Last edited by seattlesteban on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:33 pm

I'll be out on my boat giving it a whirl this season.. its much closer than the Snoho for me.. but with the stinky city environment I so love.. not..

from banking it in the past (i caught my 1st salmon ever in the Duwi) i was throwing some homemade copper spoons a very old man down there gave me.. real slow off the bottom.. dick nites work the same, slow and low..

I might be out there sunday or monday real early or late eve for a look see..

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:44 pm

cant wait till da spinner bite turns on for silvers at my spot at green..cast spiner out crank crank crank bam fish on [thumbup]
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

seattlesteban
Petty Officer

Post by seattlesteban » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Last edited by seattlesteban on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Hmm, I may have to be like islandbass :-" and hit the Duw before work for maybe 15 minute trips LOL. :cheers:

Can't get time. However, the darn river is only 5-10 minutes out of the way heading to work...

BUT...

I can envision the Mrs-
"How come you are leaving to work early?"

me
"I'm going fishing just before work."

Mrs
"OK but that means you will bring fish home. If you don't I know you are seeing a girl".

me
"Umm, no I will be fishing. Trust me."

Mrs
"OK, just bring home a salmon so I know. Otherwise you are seeing a girl."

me
"No I am not seeing a girl but I don't know if I will catch a fish."

Mrs
"Yes you will you always bring home fish when you go fishing."

me
"That's because I only go fishing when they are so thick that I know I will catch a fish."

Mrs
"Ok that is why you want to fish because they are so thick so you will bring home a fish."

me
"OK never mind, I'll just go to work." [cursing] ](*,)

me
"By the way, do you need something from the store?"

Mrs
"No you can not go early to pretend to get something for me." [-X

me
"Darn" (or something like that muddled under the breath).

Ahh, family (and work) first. It's a beautiful thing but does get in the way a time or two.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:01 pm

ahhh da famous old saying family first and work...caint agree more i work 6 day a week wife and kid .. i just save family time for sunday..honeydo list da whole 9 yds 24/7 i love it...i dont make excuses never try to . i feel yo bro not wetting you line yet this yr. but family first and work first.....
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Yep.
Happy family, happy home.
And conversely, if Mrs aint happy, nobody's happy.

There will be time again later in life.
And like mentioned previously, maybe an occassional sneak peak 15 minute islandbass-patented trip.

chongo469
Commander

Post by chongo469 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:51 pm

My GF likes to go fishing with me so we do family fishing trips ...btw... If your partner overhears you talking about how you like girls with big shoulders and nice tail( I was talking to a buddy about fish) ... No honey , your the only one I like with big butt and shoulders is not the correct answer....

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:27 am

knot.. just nod your head and smile.. if you don't catch anything pick one up at the store on the way home and throw it on a stringer...
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:34 am

oneshot wrote:I'll be out on my boat giving it a whirl this season.. its much closer than the Snoho for me.. but with the stinky city environment I so love.. not...
I was reading the regs last night. Was thinking about throwing my cataraft out and playing around down there. Noticed this:
ALL SPECIES - Sept. 1-Nov. 30: night closure and anti-snagging rule. Nov. 1-Jan. 15: fishing from any floating device prohibited.
This is for the whole system. So you can only fish from a boat below the 1st Ave S bridge (which is covered under the Area 10 regs).
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:29 am

yeah on the green you have to toon or boat to the area you want to fish get off and fish. up higher I been told are some good spots. from flaming geyser to kent. but you have to take out ar black diamond and reload due to a log jam. I plan to spend some time in on the green this year to get to spots by the toon...

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:56 am

dicinu wrote:yeah on the green you have to toon or boat to the area you want to fish get off and fish. up higher I been told are some good spots. from flaming geyser to kent. but you have to take out ar black diamond and reload due to a log jam. I plan to spend some time in on the green this year to get to spots by the toon...
Problem with the lower (Duwamish) is unless it is a low tide, not many places to get out and fish with the banks being high - and then when you do find some you are standing in 2' of muck :-& (and in some places - superfund muck [blink] ).

HOOKEDONFISHING
Lieutenant

Post by HOOKEDONFISHING » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:10 pm

I went out today landed a nice chrome king around 15lbs with lots of bling bling . I had 8 hooks in 3 hours I think all were kings though they were bending the hell out my rod and zipping line out like crazy. Hopefully the silvers will be coming in soon.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:13 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:knot.. just nod your head and smile.. if you don't catch anything pick one up at the store on the way home and throw it on a stringer...
Ah if it were only that easy LOL. The Mrs is smart, she knows all the tricks AND knows my wallet contents and such :-" 8-[ .

If I pick off a fresh store coho (which just isn't that tasty frankly and not worth the $ spent), she'd figure out it was from the store in 5 minutes or less.

I shoulda married a dumb spouse instead of a wise and smart woman #-o ....

She probably thinks she shoulda married a smarter spouse LOL. #-o #-o

I'll try to figure something out at some point. :scratch:

Good luck to all the Duw fisherpeople!

I'll be watching the reports for sure to see if a short trip might yield good results. If not, it'll be back to waiting for the bazillions of pinks next year. That's OK, next year my daughter should get into it with the easy pinks [thumbsup]

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Fished the outgoing tide 7am-11:30am today.
Eggs under a float: C&R'ed 6 jacks and 1 king about 10#, lost 1 jack and 1 larger fish (never saw it).
Spoon: C&R'ed 1 trout & lost 1 smaller fish (probably another trout)
Fun morning.
No coho...yet

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:...I was reading the regs last night. Was thinking about throwing my cataraft out and playing around down there. Noticed this:
ALL SPECIES - Sept. 1-Nov. 30: night closure and anti-snagging rule. Nov. 1-Jan. 15: fishing from any floating device prohibited.
This is for the whole system. So you can only fish from a boat below the 1st Ave S bridge (which is covered under the Area 10 regs).
Since most of the good coho action is Sept and October, I think you'll be just fine to fish right now (until end of October) for the coho off your catacraft?

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:50 am

Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:...I was reading the regs last night. Was thinking about throwing my cataraft out and playing around down there. Noticed this:
Since most of the good coho action is Sept and October, I think you'll be just fine to fish right now (until end of October) for the coho off your catacraft?
But on the Duwi you cannot fish from a boat per the regs..

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:41 am

saw a sealion in the river by Allentown on Sat. Saw guys fishing up at Frager road too. Didnt see anything caught except a few jacks.When does the system open up. Mainly the Auburn Golf course area,Olsens Creek, And that area. Im having to fish level ground only till I heal better.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:11 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:...
But on the Duwi you cannot fish from a boat per the regs..
Not 100% correct.

You cannot fish on the Duwi from a boat, only from Nov. 1 to Jan 15.

So, you can legally fish from a boat from now until Oct 31