Best places on the Green River for Chum

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kyamukun
Petty Officer

Best places on the Green River for Chum

Post by kyamukun » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:04 pm

This is my first year fishing for Salmon. Had a great time fishing for Pinks, and managed to catch just one jack coho. Still targeting my first big chrome silver, but I hear the rivers are about to get full of Chum. Some posts say it'll be like fishing for pinks plus 5-10lbs.

I caught my first chum fishing on the Green in Kent, just down from 256th. Wondering if he was an anomaly or if they will truly be all over the river? Are there specific spots on the Green that may be better than others or will the chum be everywhere?

thx!

oneshot
Commodore

Re: Best places on the Green River for Chum

Post by oneshot » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Look for metzler park in the valley before flaming geyser.. will be chalked full by Thanksgiving..got my 1st there years ago on or around turkey day

kyamukun
Petty Officer

Post by kyamukun » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:54 pm

thx, oneshot! may go out this Sunday. do you think it's too early for them to be that far upstream?

gassyboy
Petty Officer

Post by gassyboy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:45 am

There are a good number of chum there right now. Its only going to get better.

Diamonddave
Petty Officer

Post by Diamonddave » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:26 am

oneshot wrote:Look for metzler park in the valley before flaming geyser.. will be chalked full by Thanksgiving..got my 1st there years ago on or around turkey day
Where is this metzler park can you give location like roads, cross streets, or off ramp exit to get there?

dadamunky
Petty Officer

Post by dadamunky » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Green Valley rd...get off at 18 and follow east.

Cozmo4196
Warrant Officer

Post by Cozmo4196 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Diamonddave wrote:
oneshot wrote:Look for metzler park in the valley before flaming geyser.. will be chalked full by Thanksgiving..got my 1st there years ago on or around turkey day
Where is this metzler park can you give location like roads, cross streets, or off ramp exit to get there?
Google maps can help you find it.

c_saeteurn
Warrant Officer

Post by c_saeteurn » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:02 pm

if your looking for lots of chum in once place during turkey day, minter creek will be chalked full of them. 7 foot creek 4 feet deep in most places. twitching purple/black jigs will trigger the bite. Will be a zoo though. get there early.

the meeker st hole is good to depending on where your coming from. from I5 get on 516 and turn into meeker st. get on frager and park in the parking lot. follow the trail and go behind the bridge. area is steep so be careful. I slipped and fell on my ass a few times going down. Going up is the easy part.

Diamonddave
Petty Officer

Post by Diamonddave » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:48 am

I will have to try those places if anyone is going hit me up, I make my own hours when it comes to fishing!
David 805-444-3312