Nisqually River Access

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kyamukun
Petty Officer

Nisqually River Access

Post by kyamukun » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Can anyone provide information on places to access the Nisqually River? I've never fished the Nisqually but would like to give it a shot soon, especially if the chum are still running there.

I'm not asking anyone to reveal your secret honeyholes, just info on public access spots for bank fishing. Thanks!

kyamukun
Petty Officer

Re: Nisqually River Access

Post by kyamukun » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:08 am

So I think I've found a couple of places to try out. Next question - anyone know where the Nisqually tribal netting schedule is posted or if there's a hotline? Read somewhere that they net Sun-Wed. Is that still the case?

kyamukun
Petty Officer

Post by kyamukun » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:19 pm

In case anyone's reading, went down to the Nisqually only to find that the Riverbend Campsite was closed to the tribe. This was a Thurs afternoon. Also, saw signs at the Pacific Hwy bridge that said the river access area was part of JBLM and anyone caught would be arrested.

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:40 pm

kyamukun wrote:In case anyone's reading, went down to the Nisqually only to find that the Riverbend Campsite was closed to the tribe. This was a Thurs afternoon. Also, saw signs at the Pacific Hwy bridge that said the river access area was part of JBLM and anyone caught would be arrested.
to the tribe or by the tribe?

it is either 5th street or 6th ave that I've fished the river from before. there is a bridge nearby but don't know if they call this the tank crossing. more of a salt water boat angler then river salmon angler and haven't fished that river in atleast 8 years..

kyamukun
Petty Officer

Post by kyamukun » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:22 am

closed for sportfishing, open to the tribe. i didn't check 6th st - forgot about that!