Snohomish

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

Snohomish

Post by HULI_ISDA » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Anybody went out on the Snohomish? Just wondering if it worth the drive. Thanks

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Re: Snohomish

Post by dj2loud » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Skagit is the place to be from some of my friends.... Dick nites, plug's, spoons, etc are all producing BIG BIG SILVERS!

HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

Post by HULI_ISDA » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Snohomish a little closer to me than Skagit for a quick fishing therapy. Between work and kids school stuff. Thanks for the suggestion though. I sure will find a day to trek out on Skagit one of this days.

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:18 am

HULI_ISDA wrote:Snohomish a little closer to me than Skagit for a quick fishing therapy. Between work and kids school stuff. Thanks for the suggestion though. I sure will find a day to trek out on Skagit one of this days.
The numbers are there for the snohomish to be a good shot at fish and the snohomish is just a few minutes from my house. Probably be down by the trails or near 522 bridge

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:05 am

Last year I had decent luck at Thomas Eddy Park (Heirman Wildlife preserve) on the Snoho, usually lots of people though. I will be heading to the Skagit tomorrow myself!
Thanks for the info Dj2loud!

beeman
Petty Officer

Post by beeman » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:39 am

Be careful if you fish anywhere along the river road between Everett and Snohomish, the homeless have been camping out along the road all summer and I bet they would just love to see some unattended cars, one of the fishing access points they have been sleeping in now has a good size stack of used tires littering up the place.

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:05 am

beeman wrote:Be careful if you fish anywhere along the river road between Everett and Snohomish, the homeless have been camping out along the road all summer and I bet they would just love to see some unattended cars, one of the fishing access points they have been sleeping in now has a good size stack of used tires littering up the place.
If you speak of Lowell road that is all tidal and I personally don't like to fish tidal waters except from a boat. (except the Samish of course) I will be upriver from the tides looking for fish that are actively holding before moving up the sky or snoqualmie.

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:12 am

dj2loud wrote:Skagit is the place to be from some of my friends.... Dick nites, plug's, spoons, etc are all producing BIG BIG SILVERS!
I've never hit the skagit, do you know of any good areas to fish at?

Scheindogg
Warrant Officer

Post by Scheindogg » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:20 pm

riverhunter wrote:
HULI_ISDA wrote:Snohomish a little closer to me than Skagit for a quick fishing therapy. Between work and kids school stuff. Thanks for the suggestion though. I sure will find a day to trek out on Skagit one of this days.
The numbers are there for the snohomish to be a good shot at fish and the snohomish is just a few minutes from my house. Probably be down by the trails or near 522 bridge
Is 522 bridge crowded generally? I read that's the best place to drift corky and yarn which is technique I'm most comfortable with so I'm thinking about trying it out!
Is there another area better for corky and yarn?

chwong
Petty Officer

Post by chwong » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:12 pm

Mr. Huli - I fished the Snohomish this morning for a couple of hours with no luck. A lot of people on both banks (on shore and wading) with not much action. There were Coho jumping here and there. Most people throwing spinners and some drifting eggs. Therefore, I went with twitching a jig. I did see one boat catch 3 silvers, but they were all caught right in the middle of the river. One good thing with the river just opening ... there isn't a bunch of trash all over so I didn't have to pick up after anyone. Good Luck out there.

Goldrigger1
Petty Officer

Post by Goldrigger1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:33 pm

I went down to the new boat ramp this morning. Heard of 1 fish caught. It sure is crowded! Nice launch compared to awful Cady.

HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

Post by HULI_ISDA » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:06 pm

Thanks everyone for the input and responses. Sounds to me its still slow. I don't fish Snohomish/sky till like mid October after my birthday. But I guess I will just wait and see if WDFW decided to keep it open for the rest of the season. Not that I'm keeping my hopes high. But if they will would be nice..hehe. Thanks again really appreciate it. Have fun,be safe and fish on.

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:59 pm

chwong wrote:Mr. Huli - I fished the Snohomish this morning for a couple of hours with no luck. A lot of people on both banks (on shore and wading) with not much action. There were Coho jumping here and there. Most people throwing spinners and some drifting eggs. Therefore, I went with twitching a jig. I did see one boat catch 3 silvers, but they were all caught right in the middle of the river. One good thing with the river just opening ... there isn't a bunch of trash all over so I didn't have to pick up after anyone. Good Luck out there.
If you don't mind me asking what area were you fishing?

chwong
Petty Officer

Post by chwong » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:33 pm

Mr. Riverhunter - I was fishing the Thomas Eddy area.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:47 pm

The Skagit has a good flow of water. The Snohomish, the Green in King county are real clear. Coho get lockjaw in the clear low rivers. JMO. We need rain real bad.

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:47 pm

A lot of fish jumping today from thomas eddy up to 522. Getting them to bite is another thing. I can just imagine how the Wallace will be after this rain and hope wdfw opens it soon. Only seen 2 hooked with one being lost all morning from 630am until 130 pm.Had 2 small bumps that felt good but nothing to get excited over. No other fish caught and not crowded

ragibby
Petty Officer

Post by ragibby » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:16 am

I thought the snohomish and skykomosh rivers were closed for fishing until November 1

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:31 am

Follow Link for Emergency/Rule Updates:
https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efis ... sp?id=1876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:32 am

Action: Opens the Snohomish River to fishing for coho salmon Sept. 29 through Oct. 2, and Oct. 6 through Oct. 9.

Effective dates and times: Night closure in effect (fishing is open one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset). Open to coho fishing Thursday through Sunday, Sept. 29 through Oct. 2, and Thursday through Sunday, Oct. 6 through Oct. 9.

Species affected: Coho salmon.

Locations and rules:

Snohomish River (Snohomish County) from the mouth (Burlington-Northern Railroad bridges) (including all channels, sloughs, and interconnected waterways, but excluding all tributaries) upstream to confluence of the Skykomish and Snoqualmie rivers.

Night closure.

Anti-snagging rules apply.

Salmon, minimum size 12 inches, daily limit 2 coho only.

All species other than coho must be released.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:20 am

riverhunter wrote:A lot of fish jumping today from thomas eddy up to 522. Getting them to bite is another thing. I can just imagine how the Wallace will be after this rain and hope wdfw opens it soon. Only seen 2 hooked with one being lost all morning from 630am until 130 pm.Had 2 small bumps that felt good but nothing to get excited over. No other fish caught and not crowded

Rain? [mellow]