Brewster pool?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gary Frost
Angler

Brewster pool?

Post by Gary Frost » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:37 pm

I know it's only July 2nd, just wondering if anyone has been out in the Brewster pool fishing for Chinook or Sockeye??

I have wanted to go and try this fishery for the last couple of years and just haven't made the trek over from the Coeur d'Alene area yet.

Gary

Froggie
Petty Officer

Re: Brewster pool?

Post by Froggie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:38 pm

We were out there yesterday (July 6) for our very first attempt. We had two bites (probably sockeye) but no fish. Heard of a few that were caught, but for as many boats as were out there, fishing was pretty hard..catching didn't happen for us!

Gary Frost
Angler

Post by Gary Frost » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:04 am

Froggy,

Thank you for the reply! Trying to get things done around the house so I can go!!

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:44 pm

If you keep trying you will never make it. I say put the things on the house on hold and go fishing when the fishimg is good. The house will be tjere but the fish only come once a year. Just saying

Gary Frost
Angler

Post by Gary Frost » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:53 am

Riverhunter,

You are absolutely correct!

Is the fishing good?? I haven't seen any reports on here or elsewhere. I may have to call the tackle shop over there and see what they have to say??

Gary

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:37 am

Is decent but I try not to chase reports and just for it. Some days are better then others but with the numbers of sockeye over wells dam it is definitely worth a shot