South Fork Stillaguamish River

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BigTree/LittleTree
Angler

South Fork Stillaguamish River

Post by BigTree/LittleTree » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:17 pm

Howdy all! Looking for advice. My son had to move up with his mom near granite falls on the south fork of the stillaguamish river. I live down by Portland, Oregon. Basically, when I'm able to go visit him we'd like to spend time fishing the river close to where he lives now. I know nothing about this river at all so any help on helping a father/son looking to spend quality time on the river would be greatly appreciated! I know this page says North fork but I figured it was somewhere to start! Thanks in advance!

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Re: South Fork Stillaguamish River

Post by 4n6fisher » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:42 pm

Here is the quick excerpt from the regulations, note the section of closed waters. Different rules for North fork and for main stem, so check rules for your exact location.

STILLAGUAMISH RIVER, SOUTH FORK
- Snohomish Co. from mouth to 400' below
Granite Falls fishway outlet (874)
ALL SPECIES Sept. 16-Nov. 30 Night closure. Anti-snagging rule.
TROUT Sept. 16-Jan. 31 Statewide min. size/daily limit, except cutthroat trout and wild
rainbow trout: min. size 14".
OTHER GAME FISH Sept. 16-Jan. 31 Statewide min. size/daily limit.

from 400' below the Granite Falls fishway
to the Mountain Loop Hwy. Bridge above
Granite Falls
ALL SPECIES CLOSED WATERS.

from Mountain Loop Hwy. Bridge above
Granite Falls upstream (874)
ALL SPECIES Aug. 1-Nov. 30 Night closure. Anti-snagging rule.
ALL GAME FISH Sat. before Memorial Day-
Nov. 30
Statewide min. size/daily limit.