Safe Salmon/Steelhead River bank Fishing

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Speedbird 48
Petty Officer

Safe Salmon/Steelhead River bank Fishing

Post by Speedbird 48 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:12 pm

Just about every one of the well known fishing spots I read up on has numerous reports of homeless people and/or druggies, and other sketchy dealings going on. I love fishing, but not enough to get my vehicle broken into or get stabbed with a needle over fishing. Do you guys have any suggestions for safe relatively productive spots? Not asking for any personal secrets, or anything too specific. To tell the truth, I am willing to travel basically anywhere in the state to find a good spot.

dryflyguy
Angler

Re: Safe Salmon/Steelhead River bank Fishing

Post by dryflyguy » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:09 pm

I know I'm a little late for this season, but I routinely fish the rivers on the Olympic Peninsula and have never had trouble with vagrants.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:55 pm

I fish spots where my truck is in my view. It limits my choice spots but I dont want my widow bashed in or my converter or gas stolen

Speedbird 48
Petty Officer

Post by Speedbird 48 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:33 pm

racfish wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:55 pm
I fish spots where my truck is in my view. It limits my choice spots but I dont want my widow bashed in or my converter or gas stolen
Parts of the Snoqualmie seem pretty safe to me

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Overall the Snoqualmie is very safe. However, there are hardly any Steelhead in that system. I'd suggest heading toward the coastal rivers or the Columbia tribs.