Your favorite this year

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
muskie guy
Petty Officer

Your favorite this year

Post by muskie guy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:46 am

I thought I would see if anyone was active on this old board...mostly crickets over this way anymore. There’s a bunch of good guys and gals out there fishing for tigers these days. I thought I might be able to provoke a strike if I made a post about a few baits that have been working well this year.
    First off: the Savage Gear line thru trout, in perch. Not much has happened with the trout flavor, but the perch is getting eaten.
    Second: super shad rap. Of course, this one always produces. Perch and fire tiger are the standards.
    Third: Small spinnerbaits in various colors. 1oz and under seem to be attractive this year.
    I have a few bass color line thru savage gear baits that I am going to try out this weekend.
    Tons of boats out on Silver and Newman, so get there at sun up and beat the 12’ boat brigade that arrives at 11. Have fun!
    Shhh...my Common Sense is tingling.
    Deadpool

The Quadfather
    Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Your favorite this year

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:56 am

muskie guy wrote:
    Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:46 am
      I thought I would see if anyone was active on this old board..
      Just one of the ‘Crickets’ here, coming up from under a rock. TM’s are probably the only local species I don’t fish for, sorry can’t add to your favorite baits thread. You got me all excited with an actual post to the board, but yet... a TM post. Oh well, happy fishing. :-({|=

muskie guy
      Petty Officer

Post by muskie guy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:31 pm

It’s always interesting to see what the hot ticket for the summer is. :sunny:
      Folks are too worried about sharing their secret bait though. [-X What worked for me one day, may never work for anyone after that day. I don’t know why I bother with new doo-dads; all you need is a few red eye wigglers. [thumbup]
      The rest of the tackle is just ballast in the boat. I take comfort in the fact that I’ve helped keep the lights on at the Musky Shop.
      Deadpool

muskie guy
      Petty Officer

Post by muskie guy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:14 pm

Just to put the review out there: the bass flavor thru line trout was a hit.
      We bonked fish with perch and bass color on Sunday at Silver. Along with 100 other boats...crazy busy.
      Deadpool

kevinb
      Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:49 pm

This year hasn't been to exciting on the musky front. Stuck on various projects etc. We fish a ton but on our little lake here. WDFW hasn't planted any tigers here yet and I'm still knocking on the door to have Kapowsin stocked. On a much better note, I got my nephew over his first tiger, a desert tiger at that. We've been here at Crescent Bar all week and fishing Evergreen. He's payed his dues several times over at Tapps and Mayfield and success hits of all places....Evergreen. She hit on a Musky Mayhem Double Showgirl in the rainbow/nickel. We didn't take any measurements and opted to get her back in the water ASAP. I posted a report earlier with a photo. I will be back out chasing tigers in the next week or two. Also hoping to get a fall northern trip in before the snow.

harleypiker
      Warrant Officer

Re: Curlew, et. al.

Post by harleypiker » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:39 am

Family fished Curlew last week for Tigers. One follow and one sighting in 5 days. Fished one day at Silver with one 30", lost a nice one, two follows. One day at Newman with two sightings, two lost, one 40" and one 22". Shall we start a Go Fund Me for stocking more than 250 in Curlew each year?