Washington Musky Challenge

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
tmusky1
Lieutenant

Washington Musky Challenge

Post by tmusky1 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:41 pm

Hey everybody, (whoever's left here)

I followed 8theB8's county challenge and was really inspired to take on a challenge to myself.
After landing several from Mayfield and an absolute beast from Merwin, I figured maybe I could steal a page from 8's book and do a Washington musky lake tour.

The first thing I realized was I couldn't do it in one season, I run a one man metal fabrication shop and my busy time coincides with fishing season, on top of that, the closest musky lake to me is 130 miles away. So, I decided not to put a time limit on it.

The second thing I decided was any tiger boated and photographed would count, no matter the size. These things aren't the easiest to catch so I figure they're all trophies.
That was in 2018.

I currently stand at 5 lakes successful with 2 lakes left, Evergreen and Curlew and its starting to sink in that I may actually do this. I'll post all the pics with a rundown of each experience once it's over.

I know it may not seem like a big accomplishment but I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this or is aware of anyone doing this?

Once again, I wouldn't have even thought of attempting this if it weren't for 8theB8 so I'd like to thank him once again for the inspiration. It's been an amazing experience

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Re: Washington Musky Challenge

Post by 8theB8 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:46 am

That's awesome man!! How much gas money do I owe you lol

The journey IS the adventure! Let's face it, catching the fish is great but the first thing I missed when mine ended was the scenery rolling by. I've revisited a couple of my favorite stops already. Sure is a cool way to explore and discover cool new places to fish. Wouldn't trade the experience for anything! Good luck wrapping it up, I'll look forward to final report!

tmusky1
Lieutenant

Post by tmusky1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:45 am

I'll send you the bill when the damage is done lol.
I underestimated how cool the trips would be. 2 good buddies, my son and my daughter have all accompanied on me in my quest to attain this goal and I couldn't have asked for better company.
I've noticed as well, the urgency start to really ramp up the closer I get and I have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing this because I enjoy it, it's fishing, it's supposed to be an escape from the daily grind not part of it.

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Post by 8theB8 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Awesome!