Merwin fishing report for Sep. 29 - Oct. 1, 2023

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Don Wittenberger
Captain

Merwin fishing report for Sep. 29 - Oct. 1, 2023

Post by Don Wittenberger » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:41 pm

I fished Merwin this weekend with my friends Mike and Vince. The landing net was the most useless piece of gear in the boat. We got one follow apiece over the course of three days. My theory is Mike Floyd was here last weekend and all the muskies have sore jaws. I've known for years Merwin has a largemouth bass population, and I accidentally caught one Friday on a musky bucktail. Mike's German shepherd still loves me, but frankly I think he's in this relationship only for the fried chicken. If you get locked out of your vehicle at the boat landing and didn't bring a spare key, call TLC Towing in Woodland, 360-887-1606, because they have a gate key and their fee is reasonable. I won't go into how I ran across this information. I'm now back home in Seattle with a nasty cold I caught by not wearing enough clothing layers out on the lake.