Purpose of juvenile anglers law?

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fisherben
Petty Officer

Purpose of juvenile anglers law?

Post by fisherben » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Hey forumers!
Does anyone know why some creeks are listed as "juvenile anglers only"? I've been pondering the reasoning behind this law for quite some time.

Thanks much!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Purpose of juvenile anglers law?

Post by Amx » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:55 pm

To give beginning juvenile anglers a chance to go fishing without adults crowding them out.
Tom.

Interests: living

fisherben
Petty Officer

Post by fisherben » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks!

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:40 am

Usually there are some nice fish to get the young anglers more excited and interested in fishing. plus usually mom\ dad or both need to take them which makes it a family thing and there is better access to the fish for more enjoyfull experience to a young angler.

fisherben
Petty Officer

Post by fisherben » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:31 am

I think that an even better idea would be to set up certain days of the week when only juvenile anglers can fish and to have certain times when the water is available to all anglers, as many of these juvenile only creeks are small cutthroat creeks that are a lot of fun to fish, even for an adult! Plus many of these creeks such as the Lake Washington tributaries are very easily accessable to kids and young adults such as me. It's a shame I'm too old to go fishing there....

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Post by Mordalphus » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:29 pm

I think the junior angler creeks are a great idea. North creek up here in bothell is one of them, and it's always full of fish for the kiddies to catch. And no combat fishing and fist fights like the piers and other easy to get to areas for kids.

There's a great solution for you fisherben, have a kid and take them fishing on the creeks. It's more fun than catching the fish yourself, seeing your kid land a beautiful fish with no one else in sight.