Kokanee pin reel

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Lingking
Petty Officer

Kokanee pin reel

Post by Lingking » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:41 pm

I found this on ebay for $20, it is a Chinese nock off of the eagleclaw ice reel. Was able to get @ 100 yards of 6# on it. Cannot wait to give it a run through. Sits pretty nice on the Rainshadow 10' rod i built 12 years ago.
Attachments
2015-03-26_05-33-05.jpg
2015-03-26_05-33-18.jpg

Skaha
Petty Officer

Re: Kokanee pin reel

Post by Skaha » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:31 pm

--any brand name on the reel...looks interesting

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:21 am

They've been looking sweet. Not sure what I'd do with one but they keep showing up when I search for fly reels. I might need one in my box, just cause.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Lingking
Petty Officer

Post by Lingking » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:08 pm

This one is a no name copy of the eagle claw ice reel. The drag sucks, gets really sticky but is awesome on tge rigger for trout and kokanee. I think i am going to get a real eagle claw and try it for big Cutts on omak lake.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Lingking wrote:This one is a no name copy of the eagle claw ice reel. The drag sucks, gets really sticky but is awesome on tge rigger for trout and kokanee. I think i am going to get a real eagle claw and try it for big Cutts on omak lake.
I've picked up several different Chinese reels over the years. One thing they all had in common was they needed to be taken apart and cleaned and had the rough edges taken off the drag parts. After that, work like a charm.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!