American in my dingy

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bay wolf
Commander

American in my dingy

Post by Bay wolf » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:14 am

Traded my big Arima in for an 8ft dingy! good friend of mine was kind enough and let me use it. So I outfitted it with a couple of manual DR and a small fish finder and rod holders. Perfect little lake boat!

Went to American lake to get a feel for it on Tuesday morning. Perfect conditions. Everything worked fine. Within easy reach and fun! Fished from 25 to 40 feet and with a mix of dodgers and terminal gear, various baits but could not find a willing Koke. It was good to be able to get out though and I will be able to fish more now!

Saw a kayak out, but didn't get close enough to say hey. Not sure if he was a member here.

Been awhile since I been fishing Kokes, so any tips and tricks greatly appreciated!

BW
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Re: American in my dingy

Post by Onmygame » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:31 am

On American you will want to be west of Silcox Island closer to the hospital than the island. We've picked up kokes SW of Silcox up through NW of same.
This week we found them down 40' - 45' on the wire, and found the speed of 1.5 mph to be right.
Small dodgers with wedding bands 12" - 15" behind tipped with shoepeg corn or Gulp Maggots (pink) will get you fish.
There are a myriad of other gear and bait combos that will work, but we've had success with the above.
The best of luck.

onmyagme

Bay wolf
Commander

Re: American in my dingy

Post by Bay wolf » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:34 am

Onmygame wrote:On American you will want to be west of Silcox Island closer to the hospital than the island. We've picked up kokes SW of Silcox up through NW of same.
This week we found them down 40' - 45' on the wire, and found the speed of 1.5 mph to be right.
Small dodgers with wedding bands 12" - 15" behind tipped with shoepeg corn or Gulp Maggots (pink) will get you fish.
There are a myriad of other gear and bait combos that will work, but we've had success with the above.
The best of luck.

onmyagme
[thumbsup] I'm anxious to give it a go!!! Thanks.
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)