Omak lake august

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Hendersd
Angler

Omak lake august

Post by Hendersd » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi, first post here and looking for some info on Omak Lake. It's a bucket list 7 hour drive and was wondering what the conditions were ie... too warm or low water. I wanted to bring my wife and just relax and catch and release some cutthroats. Also, can anyone tell me where a good place to stay in town is? I really appreciate any suggestions thank you.

Greenfishnut
Petty Officer

Re: Omak lake august

Post by Greenfishnut » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:08 pm

Omak Lake/Mission End
The Mission End is located five miles south of All-American Highway 155 on the Paschal Sherman Indian School road approximately nine miles southeast of Omak, Washington. This site is equipped with a boating / swimming dock. Omak Lake is twelve miles long with sandy beaches located on the southwest, northwest, and northeast shores. The boating dock is located at the northeast shore. The lake is stocked with Lahontan cutthroat trout and is open to the general public on a permit basis.

Omak Lake/Nicholson Beach
Nicholson Beach is located on the west side of Omak Lake. Access to this area is by Kartar Valley road or Omak Lake road. The site is approximately 100 acres in size which includes a quarter mile of sandy beach used for swimming, boating, camping and fishing. The facilities include campsites and outhouses. The lake is restricted to day use only—no overnight camping is allowed.
~~4~~
Any questions not answered in this booklet should be directed to:
Fish and Wildlife Department
Colville Confederated Tribes
P .O . Box 150
Nespelem, WA 99155
Phone: (509) 634-2110
Office hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Colville Indian Reservation
Non-Member
Sport Fishing Regulations

contact them for fishing license info and look towards Omak/Okanogan for hotel/motels

Hendersd
Angler

Re: Omak lake august

Post by Hendersd » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Thanks so much I booked a hotel today.