Clear Lake - Thurston County

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Kokanee Learning
Angler

Clear Lake - Thurston County

Post by Kokanee Learning » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:16 am

Hi, first post/question on this site. I'm hoping people with more knowledge then me can help.

When researching Kokanee fisheries in Thurston County I noticed this lake on WDFW. The description of the lake mentions Kokanee.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/158/

I thought only Ward and Summit had Kokanee in Thurston County (not that I could catch them this year). I also checked the plantings done in the last 5 years and did not see Clear lake as receiving any for Kokanee. When checking the fishing reports here I did not see any Kokanee listed.

Does anyone know if Clear Lake in Thurston County actually has Kokanee? Thank you very much.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Clear Lake - Thurston County

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:28 am

Kokanee Learning wrote:Hi, first post/question on this site. I'm hoping people with more knowledge then me can help.

When researching Kokanee fisheries in Thurston County I noticed this lake on WDFW. The description of the lake mentions Kokanee.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/158/

I thought only Ward and Summit had Kokanee in Thurston County (not that I could catch them this year). I also checked the plantings done in the last 5 years and did not see Clear lake as receiving any for Kokanee. When checking the fishing reports here I did not see any Kokanee listed.

Does anyone know if Clear Lake in Thurston County actually has Kokanee? Thank you very much.
I don't know the answer to your question, but do know that the WDFW are not always in synch with the planting schedule. For example, Spectacle lake in Okanogan does not list kokanee in the WDFW write up, but does get stocked yearly. So maybe Clear once had kokanee, or maybe they are native re-producing but not stocked?

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Clear Lake - Thurston County

Post by Toni » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 am

I have information up to 2015 and the last time it was planted was 2012. It is a shallow lake so I don't know why they planted it.
I was trolling a fly around the outer edges, in I think 2009, and caught a nice fat 5 inch kokanee.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.