Lake Roosevelt Kokes

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishwacker
Angler

Lake Roosevelt Kokes

Post by fishwacker » Thu May 31, 2018 2:38 pm

Hey I've been watching the fishing reports........Is anyone out there fishing for Kokanee on Lake Roosevelt South end. I am from out of the area and have been coming over to target these great fish, but haven't seen that anyone if fishing for them or maybe your just not talking. Can anyone help me out?

Sideburns
Commander

Re: Lake Roosevelt Kokes

Post by Sideburns » Thu May 31, 2018 8:39 pm

Kokanee reports have been dismal lately (that I have read). One theory is that they collectively decided to become sockeye and head out to sea, over the dam I guess. There has been a decline in Kokanee though, in other parts of the state too. Hopefully they come back strong... I was too slow in getting over there myself and never got to fish it.
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

Froggie
Petty Officer

Post by Froggie » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Still planning to try again as the wind chased us off the water. This was about 2 weeks ago. So, hopefully a good reposrt will be forthcoming!

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:20 am

I live in Coulee City and fish Roosevelt often from the dam to Hansen Harbour, We caught two kokanee last year and none this year. A fish checker I recently talked with said she had not checked a kokanee since March. Rufus Woods Lake is low water and very weedy and hard to fish from Seaton Grove down to the second net pens. Banks Lake is extremely slow walleye fishing but some folks are picking up some nice rainbow and a few kokanee, kokanee fishing in Banks Lake is a very overlooked fishery and I hope it stays that way. Good Luck