Blue Lake (Mt. Baker Area)

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Chromer
Petty Officer

Blue Lake (Mt. Baker Area)

Post by Chromer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:19 am

Anybody here fish this? How is the fishing? Do you think it would be frozen right now? Thinking about going today.

Thanks!

Chromer
Petty Officer

Re: Blue Lake (Mt. Baker Area)

Post by Chromer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:49 pm

anyone?

JoshH
Lieutenant

Post by JoshH » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:41 pm

I've fished this lake once in July of 2011. Small Brooks in it. When I was there they wanted nothing on or near the surface. A friend with me bait fished from the bottom and did ok. I didn't wait to do that as I didn't want to pack any fish out and we weren't camping.

Weekend-warrior17
Warrant Officer

Post by Weekend-warrior17 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:11 am

If it's the blue lake I'm thinking of, up towards the Cispus river/ learning center? Then it's quite the hike especially if you do it when there is snow on the ground. The lake is beautiful though an if you have a float tube it could very well be a productive fishery. Didn't fish it but saw a few trout from the bank. Deffinatly looked good and they don't call it blue lake for a reason.