Annette lake

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Dave M
Warrant Officer

Annette lake

Post by Dave M » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:21 am

What a beautiful place, saw fish jumping everywhere on the lake. Lots of smaller fish probably 6-8 inches, but a few bigger could be seen jumping towards the middle of the lake. The trail is very popular, but not many fishing, of maybe 45 people we counted( there were many more we did not see and more on the way up when we left) only a few small groups were actually fishing. Not a hard trail allthough the first 2 miles is alot of UP, took 2 hours to reach the lake and about 20 minutes to go around to the right and find the end of the trail right at the lake, gets deep quick. enjoy.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Annette lake

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:39 am

I've hiked up there 2-3 times, and every time for some reason the hike feels tough. IDK why.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:05 pm

It is all of the uphill switchbacks, just when you think you are at the top you turn and go up some more. My 2nd time up, this was easier since there was no snow and I have done a few other hikes to be in better shape than the 1st time.

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:03 am

Had a Fathers day hike back up to Annette. No fishing this trip, but saw lots of fish feeding. Out of at least 50( could have been closer to 100 I wasnt counting) people I passed up and down the trail, I only saw 4 with fishing gear. Talked to one group coming down who said they had no luck. For as many people that make this hike, there is plenty of space to spread out and not be crammed in. The water since I was lst there is maybe 2 ft lower giving a little more shore access. Bugs were no an issue though there were penty to be seen or heard. Now that one of my boys has seen the lake he wants to go back for an overnight trip, he said he would even pack a small raft to float out to deeper water.

cwbraue
Petty Officer

Post by cwbraue » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:23 pm

I fished it a few years ago. The fish are scrawny and nothing over 8-9 inches, but it is pretty.

cwbraue
Petty Officer

Post by cwbraue » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:38 am

I just hiked up there yesterday. Lots of tiny fish jumping right off shore, but I only caught two trolling for and hour and a half and the bigger one was only about 8 inches. The small ones seemed to be around 3-5 inches judging by their splashes, so maybe in 3-4 years there will be some OK sized ones there.