Sheep lake

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Dave M
Warrant Officer

Sheep lake

Post by Dave M » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:25 pm

I guess this lake is loaded with small brookies. It is a short easy to moderate hike of about 2 miles to the lake. Several people using a dry fly under bobber and a few actual fly fishermen. Didnt see anything caught on spinners or spoons. Caught 2 that were only 4-5 inches. I think the trail continues on to another lake, I will be looking up, Not a spectacular lake, from the trail there are a few views down chinook pass. For sure not a place for solitude, but the lake is in a little meadow so there is lots of shoreline that would be accomadating to fly fishing.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Sheep lake

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:42 am

what county is this in? Any pics of the lake?

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Just inside yakima county. As soon as I hook my phone up I took 1 or 2 pics. The trailhead is at the big parking lot on top of chinook pass accross from the chinook pass overlook.

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:05 pm

Wont let me post a pic. Says invalid. Will try in a report.

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:11 pm

Guess I will have to wait until it is added. Is there a specific format for pictures? It is a nomral JPEG.