Has Anyone Fished Wards Lake, Lakewood lately?

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jmpurser
Petty Officer

Has Anyone Fished Wards Lake, Lakewood lately?

Post by jmpurser » Tue May 20, 2014 8:05 am

I was going to take some kids (3 and 6) there to chase sunfish for an hour or so Friday morning. I can't find any recent comments about it and wondered if everyone was avoiding it for some reason.

Thanks,

John

salmonbarry
Warrant Officer

Re: Has Anyone Fished Wards Lake, Lakewood lately?

Post by salmonbarry » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:08 pm

not sure but know there was a sewage leak into the lake a year or 2 ago so maybe that has kept folks away

salmonbarry
Warrant Officer

Post by salmonbarry » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:09 pm

not sure but know there was a sewage leak into the lake a year or 2 ago so maybe that has kept folks away

jmpurser
Petty Officer

Post by jmpurser » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:47 am

I swung by and took a look at it yesterday. Pretty little park but the pond is surrounded by a wide band of weeds and the open water was heavily occupied by ducks. There are a few angler spots but it's not the place I want to take a 3 year old for some uncomplicated bluegill harassing.

John