You have kayak, depth finder, live in King County?

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
whorde
Petty Officer

You have kayak, depth finder, live in King County?

Post by whorde » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:56 am

I would like to know what the depth is across the north side of Larsen Lake. Out to max casting range. But it is a "no boats" lake.

I have a rubber raft, but it's huge. It would be way too noisy and cumbersome for this speed run that I have in mind. So I'm looking for someone with a kayak that we can just toss in fast.

My idea is that I stand on the shore and cast out to around max range, you paddle to bobber, tell me the depth, I record it on a rough map, I reel in, we move down to next fishing location, repeat. There are only 6 or 8 spots to fish from the shore really on the north side, and one on the south side of the lake. This would be a 10 minute project. Probably at 6 am while everyone else is still asleep. And I'd be happy to help you carry the kayak / boat / whatever to and from your vehicle.

If you are willing / interested in undertaking this project, send me a message and we'll set a date.