moses lake april 4th

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
juggalo
Petty Officer

moses lake april 4th

Post by juggalo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:53 pm

so the wife has let me off the leash for this coming weekend,this like never happens so im determined to get some good fishing in.can anyone tell me if there is panfish bite at moses yet would really like to find somewhere the water has warmed enough to get the crappie and or bluegill moving.im totally open to suggestions as well if anyone has another idea where i can find some active spinyray action.i havent seen a report for moses for a while and potholes is located convienently near by and the weather report looks better then for the spokane area.thanks in advance for any help im just really wanting to take advantage of what little time i get these days.

eat-sleep-fish
Warrant Officer

Re: moses lake april 4th

Post by eat-sleep-fish » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:15 pm

I live in Moses Lake and have not heard any rumblings on the fishing in Moses now. Have heard of walleye and perch at Potholes, caught some two weekends ago. I would think they should still be catching some perch by the I-90 bridge but that is a guess. Wish you well wherever you end up, let us know how you did.

juggalo
Petty Officer

Post by juggalo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Thanks eat-sleep-fish.I guess until I hear I get a better idea I'll have to just try my luck and have potholes as a back up although it doesn't sound like potholes is doing as well as when I last visited.fyi before anyone asks I do have a well equipped boat so I won't be shore bound.banks seems to be doing alright but I thought it would be a little warmer in moses

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:39 am

Last report I heard was water was still down and there was a pretty fair current, resulting in poor fishing at Moses. On the bright side, if you find warmer water, the walleye are just spawning in the seeps and Potholes. Caught some nice males that were "leaking."
Last edited by fishinChristian on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:40 am

Last report I heard was water was still down and there was a pretty fair current, resulting in poor fishing at Moses. On the bright side, if you find warmer water, the walleye are just spawning in the seeps and Potholes. Caught some nice males that were "leaking."

juggalo
Petty Officer

Post by juggalo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:17 pm

What does it mean for fishing when walleye are actively spawning?I've caught them prespawn and postspawn but never had them leak on me .are they still aggressively feeding or just being territorial?

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Both I think. The bites we had were aggressive, and shallow.