Walleye

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sickbayer
Commodore

Walleye

Post by sickbayer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Well I keep hearing just how tasty these fish are, but I've never fished for them. So I'm looking for a person or two to teach me how.
I live in kirkland amd have a 20' sled will glady take people out and am open to other suggestions. Also are there any clubs to join. And like always its awesome finding new fishing buddies.
Shoot me a pm, email or post up here.

AOG Whitey
Angler

Re: Walleye

Post by AOG Whitey » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:04 am

Don't waste your time the are awful, muddy and full of worms..
They are easy to catch, make up a worm harness and drag a night crawler.
I will be over there at Banks Lake and Roosevelt the weekend of the 26th give me an I/M if you want to meet up a do a little fishing. My boat or yours.
Broke back rapalas, worms on bottom bouncers Google that CH!T
I will be fishing Banksand Roosevelt out of my Custom Weld.

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Walleye

Post by Larry3215 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:52 pm

We have caught walleye on almost every lure we ever used at Moses, Banks and Potholes, but by far the most success was slow trolling a "slow death" worm harness behind a bottom walker. Plus or minus 1 MPH right on the bottom. Anywhere from 5 ft deep to 65 ft deep depending.

Sometimes the color of the smiley blade makes a big difference sometimes not. We've also caught them jigging small blade baits.

Walleye are right up there with lings, bass, pike and halibut as far as flavor. Yum!