NCW Fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Jordan
Lieutenant

NCW Fishing

Post by Jordan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm home in Wenatchee for the weekend and wondering if there is anything in the Wenatchee area or within an hour or 2 drive where I can get some perch or trout or anything for that matter right now through the ice or in a lake? I haven't been in the area since new year's so I don't know where any decent fishing is right now.... Any help is appreciated!!
Ozzie

"Do what you like. Like what you do."

<><

sellis_414
Commander

RE:NCW Fishing

Post by sellis_414 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:33 pm

There is still plenty of ice on fish lake to fish. Here is a webcam link for Fish lake. http://www.zeitcam.com/webcam/fishlake#

The quincy lakes are open.

Rufus woods is kinda slow but you can always try that out.
"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

True Hero Rod Series Representative
Fetha Styx Associate

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:54 pm

yeah my option may be Fish Lake... I was wondering also about Patterson Lake by Winthrop or Roses Lake by Chelan... I don't want to really try the quincy lakes because there are way too many people there ha
Ozzie

<><

blufin loui
Lieutenant

Post by blufin loui » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:01 pm

Jordan wrote:yeah my option may be Fish Lake... I was wondering also about Patterson Lake by Winthrop or Roses Lake by Chelan... I don't want to really try the quincy lakes because there are way too many people there ha
Welcome back Jordan, I was out by roses last saturday, and the south end is ice free, ut what Ice is left looks pretty crappy. I would try elsewhere right now. Best of luck and look forward to a report.

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:42 pm

blufin loui wrote:
Jordan wrote:yeah my option may be Fish Lake... I was wondering also about Patterson Lake by Winthrop or Roses Lake by Chelan... I don't want to really try the quincy lakes because there are way too many people there ha
Welcome back Jordan, I was out by roses last saturday, and the south end is ice free, ut what Ice is left looks pretty crappy. I would try elsewhere right now. Best of luck and look forward to a report.
Is it worth taking a boat and launching?? how about heading up to the 2 Antilon Lakes and trying through the ice? I'm just looking for somewhere in Central Washington to go with my dad and a buddy...
Ozzie

<><

blufin loui
Lieutenant

Post by blufin loui » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:12 pm

Is it worth taking a boat and launching?? how about heading up to the 2 Antilon Lakes and trying through the ice? I'm just looking for somewhere in Central Washington to go with my dad and a buddy...[/quote]

It would be a No Go on the boat right now at roses. Still iced in at the launch.
I've never walked in to the Antilon for Ice fishing tho. I haven't been that far up this winter, so don't know if the road is still snow covered or not. The road is usually closed to vehicle (wheeled) traffic during the winter, with snowmobile traffic allowed. Maybe someone else has been up that way. I haven't heard of any recent reports, but the perch were in the coulee city basin earlier. Give Big Wally's a call if that would be any interest.

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:35 pm

blufin loui wrote: Is it worth taking a boat and launching?? how about heading up to the 2 Antilon Lakes and trying through the ice? I'm just looking for somewhere in Central Washington to go with my dad and a buddy...
It would be a No Go on the boat right now at roses. Still iced in at the launch.
I've never walked in to the Antilon for Ice fishing tho. I haven't been that far up this winter, so don't know if the road is still snow covered or not. The road is usually closed to vehicle (wheeled) traffic during the winter, with snowmobile traffic allowed. Maybe someone else has been up that way. I haven't heard of any recent reports, but the perch were in the coulee city basin earlier. Give Big Wally's a call if that would be any interest.[/quote]

thanks! I appreciate the info! I will call there and see what they have to say! thanks! :thumleft:
Ozzie

<><

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:09 pm

I went up to Patterson yesterday and the ice was really thick! anything still towards the mountains should be plenty good to ice fish! Stay away from the south end of banks though... the ice is not good to go out on!
Ozzie

<><

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:17 am

hey does anyone know how the ice is up at Patterson Lake by Winthrop??
Ozzie

<><