sammamish river reg's

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Derrick-k
Commander

sammamish river reg's

Post by Derrick-k » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:04 pm

In the regs it says all other species statewide rules, so does this mean you can fish for salmon there durring the king/coho season?

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

RE:sammamish river reg's

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:09 pm

The river is closed then.

Derrick-k
Commander

Post by Derrick-k » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:15 pm

Thanks for the clarification I've been looking for a new spot to fish for salmon.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Derrick-k wrote:In the regs it says all other species statewide rules, so does this mean you can fish for salmon there durring the king/coho season?
Actually, it says "other GAME fish" for the Samm River. Salmon are classified as "FOOD FISH" and not "GAME FISH". All freshwater areas are closed to salmon fishing unless specifically listed as open for salmon. Since the Samm River does not have any specifically listed salmon season, it is closed to salmon 24/7/365.

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:09 pm

Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:
Derrick-k wrote:In the regs it says all other species statewide rules, so does this mean you can fish for salmon there durring the king/coho season?
Actually, it says "other GAME fish" for the Samm River. Salmon are classified as "FOOD FISH" and not "GAME FISH". All freshwater areas are closed to salmon fishing unless specifically listed as open for salmon. Since the Samm River does not have any specifically listed salmon season, it is closed to salmon 24/7/365.
Sure enough, good catch. I typically hit it on the way to work or on the way back. 90% of the fish I've caught are all Northern Pikeminnow. Although, I now there's Trout, Bass (smallies), and Perch there. I kind of like it because of the tighter regs. Means that I don't haul my whole tackle bag down there. I need to find a small satchel to throw the selective gear stuff in so I don't have non-selective gear gear down with me.