Sprauge lake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
cumminsbassguy
Petty Officer

Sprauge lake

Post by cumminsbassguy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:12 pm

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone here has fished sprauge or fishes it on the regular. I'm thinking of a trip out there really soon. Never fished it before

rwl
Petty Officer

Re: Sprauge lake

Post by rwl » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:48 pm

I've fished there a few times a year for the past 10 years or so, haven't been out this year, but around now it should be pretty good trolling for rainbow trout. It can be pretty exciting given the size of some of the fish. I usually troll around in circles on the East end of the lake using various crankbaits. Also productive sometimes is throwing lures in the area of the springs in front of the docks at the resort on the East end.

cumminsbassguy
Petty Officer

Post by cumminsbassguy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:45 pm

Thanks man!! I was mostly going to throw jerkbaits and see what bit. That's usually very productive for me. I'll have to find my original Rapala box and dust off those bad boys

rwl
Petty Officer

Post by rwl » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:15 am

Husky jerk hj-10's have worked for me trolling. Good luck!

smathisen
Angler

Post by smathisen » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:11 pm

Keep us posted, I have been following your posts. I liked the post you added for Clear lake the last few weeks. Tried to get out to clear lake for fall fishing and end of season but the rain and wind last week just to nasty. If your going to launch your boat from the public launch be careful I was talking to an older gentleman the other day and the water is low and there is a buildup of rocks at the launch that could be an issue.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:27 am

If you get out to Sprague I'm curious to learn how the new public launch turned out.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

cumminsbassguy
Petty Officer

Post by cumminsbassguy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:14 am

Clear is an awesome fishery.. my favorite in the area.. I'm working this weekend i think.. but if not. I'll definitely try and get out there for some good trout. And maybe a few bass