WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Post Reply
User avatar
wigglefin
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by wigglefin » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Just want to introduce myself to everyone.

I'm the owner of WiggleFin Tackle and the inventor of the ActionDisc and Swarm flasher system. You may not have heard of my tackle, but chances are good that someone you know is keeping it a secret from you.

Looking forward to a good year and making some new friends.

Image

Image

Image
Dean Teegarden

http://wigglefin.com

Image

NFR Sponsor

Bobberdownchromer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by Bobberdownchromer » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:11 pm

Welcome! I love your product, I have been fishing your dics for around 3 years and they work very well. I have yet to find a better combo with the disc and wooly bugger for opening day trout! Here's a underwater video I took using the disc for trout at Cottage Lake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjleJaziRO0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


User avatar
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor
Posts: 7715
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Redmond, WA
Contact:

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Welcome Wigglefin!

We are super excited to have you as a NWFR sponsor and are looking forward to reports and new innovations/products.

We're also excited to announce that Wigglefin will be one of the sponsors at this year's Lake Chelan Get-Together. Dean will be providing lot's of great gear for members that attend the event as part of our after dinner free drawing. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Image

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

User avatar
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star
Posts: 3804
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Carkeek Park, North Seattle
Contact:

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:14 pm

I too love the Wiggle fin!

User avatar
rseas
Commander
Posts: 561
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: Skagit County

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by rseas » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:06 pm

WiggleFins rock! Hmmm, maybe that should be "WiggleFins - wiggle!"

WiggleFins and Baker Lake sockeye, yup...

User avatar
wigglefin
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by wigglefin » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:54 pm

Wow,

Thanks for the kind words. It's great to read comments from people who have actually used the discs.

User avatar
MotoBoat
Commodore
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Western, WA
Contact:

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by MotoBoat » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:52 pm

wigglefin wrote:Wow,

Thanks for the kind words. It's great to read comments from people who have actually used the discs.
I tried a Wigglefin in front of a 4" squid,at 3 to 3.5mph, and the wigglefin locked to one side. What is the fix for this? I had a bead or two between the squid and the wigglefin.

Also, the first generation wigglefin was round, no missing material around the rim. The ones pictured have 3 distinct cut outs or notches on the rim surface. What is the reason for the cut outs?

User avatar
wigglefin
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by wigglefin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:14 am

MotoBoat,

The new "delta" shape of the ActionDisc is the result of a complete re-design to specifically address the problem you are talking about.

There is a detailed explanation on my website under http://wigglefin.com/FAQ.html

User avatar
MotoBoat
Commodore
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Western, WA
Contact:

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by MotoBoat » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:44 am

wigglefin wrote:MotoBoat,

The new "delta" shape of the ActionDisc is the result of a complete re-design to specifically address the problem you are talking about.

There is a detailed explanation on my website under http://wigglefin.com/FAQ.html
Even with the "Delta" shape, is 3mph and up to fast a troll speed when using the old or new style of action disc? What I see in your video, capturing the action disc in front of a 4" Salmon type squid, appears much slower a troll speed than 3mph.

So, what is the recommended maximum troll speed, given the erratic action? There must be a maximum speed the Action Disc will handle, much like a flatfish lure?

User avatar
wigglefin
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by wigglefin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:57 am

MotoBoat wrote:
wigglefin wrote:MotoBoat,

The new "delta" shape of the ActionDisc is the result of a complete re-design to specifically address the problem you are talking about.

There is a detailed explanation on my website under http://wigglefin.com/FAQ.html
Even with the "Delta" shape, is 3mph and up to fast a troll speed when using the old or new style of action disc? What I see in your video, capturing the action disc in front of a 4" Salmon type squid, appears much slower a troll speed than 3mph.

So, what is the recommended maximum troll speed, given the erratic action? There must be a maximum speed the Action Disc will handle, much like a flatfish lure?
I haven't fished at speeds past 4.5 - 5mph. But unless the bait is too small for the disc, it will perform fine at high speed.
The Tuna guys are ripping along with squid baits and the disc works perfect.

The video at the end is slow. I usually add a slower clip to most every video just so you can see what the disc is actually doing. I found out that once I approach the speed of 30 wobbles of the disc per second, the 29 frames per second capture rate on my video camera grabs some weird video. It's kind of like spinning a bicycle wheel until all the spokes line up and it looks like it's standing still.

User avatar
MotoBoat
Commodore
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:14 am
Location: Western, WA
Contact:

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by MotoBoat » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:58 pm

Wigglefin, after reviewing the suplied link http://wigglefin.com/FAQ.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. There was mention of 3 different sized Action Discs, the lb test best used for those discs, but no gear/lure size recommendations for those difference size discs.

User avatar
wigglefin
Sponsor
Sponsor
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by wigglefin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:43 pm

MotoBoat wrote:Wigglefin, after reviewing the suplied link http://wigglefin.com/FAQ.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. There was mention of 3 different sized Action Discs, the lb test best used for those discs, but no gear/lure size recommendations for those difference size discs.

Click the size selection chart link listed to the right of the product photos here.

http://wigglefin.com/productlist_all.html

User avatar
afk
Petty Officer
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 6:59 am
Location: E.Wenatchee
Contact:

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by afk » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Dean, you have great product in the wiggle fin action disc. I've used them for quite some time. Thank you for supporting this site.
Andy :salut:

Goldrigger1
Petty Officer
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: WiggleFin Tackle - Introduction

Post by Goldrigger1 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:01 pm

Great invention. I have no firm idea where it will work best. It gives the wiggle of a jointed minnow but more so. It sure imparts action. The action on plastic worms is unique and I'm sure people will use it there.

I'll buy some. Hope you make a fortune. I met the guy who invented the super bait. He is doing well.

Post Reply