lake chelan get together

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

lake chelan get together

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Does the Lake Chelan state park have a docking area or do the boats have to be pulled out after returning from fishing every day?

I couldn't find this info on the state park site.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: lake chelan get together

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:08 pm

zen leecher aka Bill W wrote:Does the Lake Chelan state park have a docking area or do the boats have to be pulled out after returning from fishing every day?

I couldn't find this info on the state park site.
there is a dock and it should be in by the time of the event.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:02 am

Can the boats be moored there overnight and what's the price?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:08 pm

zen leecher aka Bill W wrote:Can the boats be moored there overnight and what's the price?
I believe so. You'd need to contact the park, sorry, I don't know price.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:35 pm

I'll do that. I was hoping someone had the info as I couldn't find it on the park webpage.

I'm assuming the participants are camping at the state park and not just day fishing it. What loops are people staying at

The park doesn't accept reservations until I believe May 1st, meaning first come first serve. I spoke on the phone with the park ranger. He assured me this time of year there would be no issues with plenty of space available throughout the weekend. We are coming up Friday and will decide where/what works best camping-wise at thew park. JoAnn and I plan to stay three nights.

Ranahan
Angler

Post by Ranahan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:13 am

I'm coming over Saturday morning and staying the night in town. Any chance someone is going fishing Saturday or Sunday that has room for 1 more; or 2 if my wife wants to go? Also, I'm preparing my boat to come back on Memorial weekend to try and catch a Big Mac. How much line do I need on my downrigger; 300', 400'? Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:52 am

Anton Jones will troll over 300 feet deep for lakers so spool up!

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:03 pm

The State park has two docks that are for overnight mooring of boats. They are free with camping. Only thing is if the wind is right way it hammers on the boats. I split a fender tied up to it last year.

Ranahan
Angler

Post by Ranahan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:05 am

I have one spool of 300' that I haven't installed yet. Guess I'll have to go get a couple 400' spools

Hunter757
Commander

Post by Hunter757 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:18 pm

I was looking online today at the lake levels and there going to have that lake at 1' shy of full pool on April 30 2016 it is projected to be at 1099 now that is the top end but they are running it up very fast this month. It is at 1092' today. Will this have a impact on fishing? I know some lakes when the level rises that much the bite turns off. Just wondering what others think?

https://www.chelanpud.org/parks-and-rec ... ake-levels
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:24 am

The Ellensburg Fly Tying Expo was scheduled a week earlier than in the past this year. It's the same weekend as the kokanee derby so I won't be driving up. If there's a kokanee derby next year I will attend. I've been wishing to get to Chelan for a couple of years now.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:40 am

zen leecher aka Bill W wrote:The Ellensburg Fly Tying Expo was scheduled a week earlier than in the past this year. It's the same weekend as the kokanee derby so I won't be driving up. If there's a kokanee derby next year I will attend. I've been wishing to get to Chelan for a couple of years now.
I'll probably be at the Ebug Fly Tie. Our club normally has a presents there. NFA.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!