Clear Lake, Pierce County on kokanee

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
hewesfisher
Admiral

Re: Clear Lake, Pierce County on kokanee

Post by hewesfisher » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:04 am

Toni wrote:If this is the case, unplug the two blue wires under the oil tank to see if the alarm quits. If so, order a new oil tank.
^^^^^Just unplug the wires and turn the ignition on without starting the engine. Alarm gone, probably the magnets. If the alarm doesn't quit, it's something important that, if not heeded, may lead to an unpleasant and costly experience. Not good practice to ignore an alarm unless you know precisely why it's sounding and is something you CAN ignore. [sad]

I've had a few people ask me to not report too, and as you can see, I don't pay any attention to them. [cool]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:28 am

I ordered a new used tank and Hunter757 sent me a video on how to fix the float. If I can get to the float in my tank. It is bigger than the video
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:26 am

[thumbsup]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:16 pm

WHAT??? CLEAR LAKE HAS KOKONEE???
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

gaSSer41
Petty Officer

Post by gaSSer41 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi Toni
I tried looking up the regs on line & in special section. I could not fine any info on this, other than the 5 fish per day. Could you please tell where to look it up in.
Thanks Butch

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed May 04, 2016 5:58 pm

http://wdfw.wa.gov/searchresults.html?c ... gsc.page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/ ... .php?id=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom.

Interests: living

gaSSer41
Petty Officer

Post by gaSSer41 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:02 pm

Thanks tom!!!
Butch

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed May 04, 2016 8:02 pm

gaSSer41 wrote:Hi Toni
I tried looking up the regs on line & in special section. I could not fine any info on this, other than the 5 fish per day. Could you please tell where to look it up in.
Thanks Butch
Not until July 1.

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu May 05, 2016 3:15 pm

Toni wrote:
Thanks Butch
Not until July 1.
Current regs are still in effect until July 1st. I've seen lots of hard copies at sports stores and Freddy's and if you don't want to read off paper then there is always the online version along with the any special openings and closures that should be checked regardless. The most up to date regs are online

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Let's_Go_Fishing!
Petty Officer

Post by Let's_Go_Fishing! » Thu May 05, 2016 10:04 pm

I always read up on the regs prior to going fishing and keep the pamphlet in my tackle box as well :salut:
Bodofish wrote:
Toni wrote:
Thanks Butch
Not until July 1.
Current regs are still in effect until July 1st. I've seen lots of hard copies at sports stores and Freddy's and if you don't want to read off paper then there is always the online version along with the any special openings and closures that should be checked regardless. The most up to date regs are online

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue May 10, 2016 12:30 pm

Hunter757 came over and put my mind at ease. The magnet was stuck in my oil tank causing the beep.Working fine now. THANK YOU very much for doing that.

Hunter757
Commander

Post by Hunter757 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Your very welcome. Always happy to help anyone out, that is what this site is all about right!!
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue May 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Back on subject. Kokanee on Clear Lake, Pierce County. We have only caught a few but this year they are big. Bigger than I have seen them before at this lake.
One reason Kokanee get big is the abundance of food. One reason is because there isn't as many fish to share the food with. I think this has happened at Clear Lake.
I have a feeling that by the time July 1 comes it will be hard to find 3 kokes let alone 10.

P.TRICK.KELLY
Angler

Post by P.TRICK.KELLY » Tue May 17, 2016 7:18 am

I went to Clear Lake this past Saturday. Lots of action from the rainbows, but no Kokanee. Used a pink dodger with a pink hoochie, tipped with wsp corn. Are there any ways to distinguish Kokanee from rainbows on a fishfinder? i.e. do they school together differently?

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue May 17, 2016 12:50 pm

P.TRICK.KELLY wrote:I went to Clear Lake this past Saturday. Lots of action from the rainbows, but no Kokanee. Used a pink dodger with a pink hoochie, tipped with wsp corn. Are there any ways to distinguish Kokanee from rainbows on a fishfinder? i.e. do they school together differently?
It depends on your fish finder. I know some with hummingbirds they have yellow. On my Lowrance with the chirp they are white. Whereas on the regular fish screen I don't see them.

Hunter757
Commander

Post by Hunter757 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:41 am

PTK, on the Lowrance elite HDI 7 they are more yellow on my screen I can change the color settings to show blue background or green with fish reveal and it changes the color of fish. For the most part the kokanee have a larger air bladder causing the yellow or lighter ping mark. Trout are more solid red on the screen and due to smaller air bladders and for the most part run in the top 15' of water. I have found the kokanee look similar to bait balls on Puget sound. What FF are you using?

Now for clear lake WDFW just dumped off a ton of stock RB trout so until those are caught your likely to by catch them also speed. Good luck hope you find them.
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

ScottinMilton
Petty Officer

Post by ScottinMilton » Wed May 18, 2016 1:43 pm

I have a question about the launch is it still surrounded by the rocks that cost me a dent up prop last year weird launching into 10 foot of water to back into that rocky ridge I found last year
SCOTT JOHNSON
MILTON WA 98354
15 Boston whaler 50 hp Merc 6hp Merc
19 Arima Seachaser S/T 150 Yamaha 9.9 Yamaha =D>

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed May 18, 2016 3:26 pm

Yes that is the gravel from all the boats that power onto their trailers. Last year the level was at 30 year lows so the gravel was closer to the surface.

Right now the water is up so it might not scrap your prop.