Ice off lakes near Tonasket/Aeneas Valley?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Ice off lakes near Tonasket/Aeneas Valley?

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:26 am

Did not put this into Ice fishing, as it is not a question about ice fishing.

Does anyone on here live in the area of Tonasket or specifically the Aeneas Valley Rd. area? I will be over there in two weeks, and wondering if the smaller lakes are free of ice yet? Maybe a stupid question, as I see the weather report has 28 deg. for the area this AM.

nwflycaster
Petty Officer

Re: Ice off lakes near Tonasket/Aeneas Valley?

Post by nwflycaster » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:51 pm

I'd be interested in hearing about the fishing when you return. I used to fish Aeneas as my season opener trip every year. Then roughly 10 years ago the fish had picked up some kind of disease and I haven't been back since. I'd sure like to find out if it's a good fishery again. Whenever I've inquired about it I'm always met with crickets. Maybe that means it's back.

Anyway good luck on your trip.
Jeff

4n6fisher
Lieutenant

Post by 4n6fisher » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Just talked with some of my friends over from Omak and they said there was still ice on the Columbia in places on their way over, so most likely still some ice in Aeneas valley.

NWflycaster, Aeneas lake (up North Pine Creek rd) is on the opposite side of the Okanogan valley from Aeneas valley so opposite direction Quad is heading, sorry no update about the fishing there though. I grew up right up the road and would swim (not a fly guy so I never fished it) there about everyday. I will let you know if I can find anything about the fishing there.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:23 am

There's the resort at Bonaparte, might give them a call to check.
http://bonapartelakeresort.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And... Aeneas Valley General Store.... not sure which # is right (509) 486-4214 or (509) 486-4515
https://www.facebook.com/Aeneas-Valley- ... 252138140/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I looked at some of those lakes last year while hunting morels.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:11 am

Hey Mark!! Hope everything is good!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

nwflycaster
Petty Officer

Post by nwflycaster » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:10 am

4n6fisher wrote:Just talked with some of my friends over from Omak and they said there was still ice on the Columbia in places on their way over, so most likely still some ice in Aeneas valley.

NWflycaster, Aeneas lake (up North Pine Creek rd) is on the opposite side of the Okanogan valley from Aeneas valley so opposite direction Quad is heading, sorry no update about the fishing there though. I grew up right up the road and would swim (not a fly guy so I never fished it) there about everyday. I will let you know if I can find anything about the fishing there.
Thanks 4n6fisher,
I'd love to know how it's recovered. It's been years now since I've been there and would like to go back if it's fishing well again. It's such a long drive and with a family it's very rare that I can get a weekend away and wouldn't want to waste such a rare occurrence.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:51 pm

Bodofish wrote:Hey Mark!! Hope everything is good!
I'd put it overall in the good enough category. :)
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:06 pm

MarkFromSea wrote:
Bodofish wrote:Hey Mark!! Hope everything is good!
I'd put it overall in the good enough category. :)
Yep, I'm with ya there.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!