Lake Washington Dock Fishing

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Lake Washington Dock Fishing

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:50 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am going to be fishing off my father-in-laws dock this weekend while we are over there for Seafair weekend. He lives North of Denny Park on the same side. He has a nice sandy/rocky bottom that gradually slopes down from the bank until the end of the dock and then it plummets to 25-30 feet. There are grass/weeds right off the end of the dock that run south about 40 feet, the weeds are roughly 7 feet tall; on the "interior side" after the weeds it is just open water. Should I fish a wacky rig, texas rig, some crankbaits? Will I be able to find fish with this excessive heat? I am quite novice to bass fishing. Thanks!

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Re: Lake Washington Dock Fishing

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Believe it or not, I do really well in Lake WA fishing a white crappie tube about 3 feet under a bobber. This is from a dock or shore. Cast it out and work it over the weeds slowly.

The traditional bass rigs frustrate me too much on lake WA, due to the thick weeds near the docks/shorelines.

SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:08 pm

Shad_Eating_Grin wrote:Believe it or not, I do really well in Lake WA fishing a white crappie tube about 3 feet under a bobber. This is from a dock or shore. Cast it out and work it over the weeds slowly.

The traditional bass rigs frustrate me too much on lake WA, due to the thick weeds near the docks/shorelines.

Thank you for the information Shad. Hopefully I can land something! I might try a worm rigging too. I will update with pics, or it didn't happen! ha

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:45 pm

I caught 4 smallies, 13 perch all 8" or bigger, 4 rock bass and one big crappie Sunday morning. Others were released. All on a drop shot rig but casting out 40'- 60' along the edge of the weed line in 18'-25' depth and reeling/jerking slowly all the way in or fishing straight down. Casting along side the wall of weeds so I did not get too many weed hang ups. One of the smallies was 'fun sized'... :cheers:

SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:32 pm

That sounds like a nice fun filled morning. I'll set up a few different rigs and test out the area I have to work with. I appreciate the info!

SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Sorry for the late response. I have been traveling for work and busy with the kiddo. I did great with a few different techniques. I used a drop shot rig with a natural worm jig and hooked a small bass and 3 perch. I used a perch pattern rapala diver and had a small in-line 1/4 oz weight about a foot above it so I could get some distance, and that did it. I had aggressive strikes and hooked into numerous bass. Probably between 7 to 12 inches. Lots of perch follow ups. My daughter was watching intensely when they splashed and hit the dock. Great time. Thanks for the rigging ideas.