Lake Roosevelt Sturgeon

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
eat-sleep-fish
Warrant Officer

Lake Roosevelt Sturgeon

Post by eat-sleep-fish » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:00 pm

I am pondering going up to Lake Roosevelt next Friday for the Sturgeon opener and I am looking at the Kettle Falls area. Curious if anyone has any insight on what section of the lake to try for Sturgeon? I do not need specific spots or tactics, just general vicinity where I could locate some. I consider myself a decent Sturgeon fisherman but have never fished that far up on the Columbia. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

ridgeratt
Warrant Officer
Location: Working on my stress level, So I'm fishing someplace

Re: Lake Roosevelt Sturgeon

Post by ridgeratt » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Last year there were an Armada of buoy balls from right under the 395 bridge to the mouth of the kettle river.
Sturgeon Fever hit and everyone who could buy a rod was fishing them. They have cut the quota in half from last year and also mad the slot a tighter size.
Good luck