Newport Canals On Lake WA Private Property?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
FishingFool
Commodore

Newport Canals On Lake WA Private Property?

Post by FishingFool » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:49 pm

Or can you fish it ? Saw a sign out on the front stating "private property and no trespassing" but I dont know how legitimate it is. I thought if it was part of the lake with access, it's fair game?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Newport Canals On Lake WA Private Property?

Post by Amx » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:32 pm

Yes you can fish the canals. I have for years. The sign is illegal, and THAT has been discussed for years also.
Tom.

Interests: living

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Yeah, if it is the same house/sign that has been there for years.... that is a crock of....
I would make that the first dock you post-up on. (Not trying to insight bad behavior, but you are completely within your rights to access the canal.

FishingFool
Commodore

Post by FishingFool » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Damn, should have fished it this morning then. I know i fished it a few years ago, but didnt see this sign. I do remember the house at a bend of the canal that had a sign, but the sign i'm referring to is at the mouth on the north side. I wasnt sure, so i respected the sign.

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:42 am

Dann I was headed into the canals based on advice from a forum member the other day, and turned around due to that sign!
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"