Anybody fished Forbes Lake (Kirkland)?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
cjanak
Petty Officer

Anybody fished Forbes Lake (Kirkland)?

Post by cjanak » Wed May 09, 2007 11:55 am

Has anybody fished the lake located in the undeveloped Kirkland park called Forbes Lake Park? According to this article, the city may extend the existing road to the lake, build a fishing floating dock and stock the pond with fish. The lake is described as being full of water lilies... maybe there's some bass and/or bluegill in there.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

RE:Anybody fished Forbes Lake (Kirkland)?

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Wed May 09, 2007 12:49 pm

If Forbes is the little lake somewhat next to Costco, then yes.. I have fished it. It's been about 20-25 years since I asked for permission to drive thru the "pasture" and launch my boat in the lake.

It held some bass back then.

Another good one to try as it held lots of fish is Totem Lake. The access was by the tire shop (was welding shop years ago) but the floating islands messed that access area. I see there is a dock back by the Cowboy steakhouse. I think one could access it around there. It has bass and black crappie....and jumbo bullfrogs.

cjanak
Petty Officer

Post by cjanak » Thu May 10, 2007 10:23 am

Probably you're talking about Forbes, as it is just a few blocks away from the Costco located at 8629 120th Ave NE.

Thanks for the feedback.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Thu May 10, 2007 2:48 pm

I look at it every so often on my drives back from Costco. I've wondered if one could still get back there. Guess so. I may have to revisit it.

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Mon May 14, 2007 5:38 pm

zen leecher aka Bill W wrote:Another good one to try as it held lots of fish is Totem Lake. The access was by the tire shop (was welding shop years ago) but the floating islands messed that access area. I see there is a dock back by the Cowboy steakhouse. I think one could access it around there. It has bass and black crappie....and jumbo bullfrogs.
I wasn't sure if it was OK to fish Totem, I guess that's another place I can try on the way home. :-)

DANx
Angler

Re: Anybody fished Forbes Lake (Kirkland)?

Post by DANx » Thu May 25, 2017 4:03 pm

I tried totem the other week, used several jigs, worms and spinners, not one bite. Maybe it was just a bad day.
I'm hoping Forbes will be pretty decent sense it sounds most people haven't fished it for awhile!
That means grandpa's if that one guy hasn't been there for 20-25 years!!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun May 28, 2017 9:16 am

I have fished it many times. My reports are in the report section under Forbes lake.
It is a super cool lake , in that nobody will be on the water. You will want a float tube or kayak for sure.
Plenty of LMB, perch, panfish. Have not caught any pigs,(LMB), but witnessed a very large splash. Did not see carp, although undoubtably they are there. Cast up into the N. inlet stream. You cannotmiss in that spot.

Invalidhost
Angler

Post by Invalidhost » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:20 pm

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to gain access to Forbes Lake? I have tried a couple of times just to check it out to take my son fishing there, but I can’t seem to get to the lake itself. I’ve driven all around it, but I don’t want to cut through someone’s property and get yelled at. Thank you in advance!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:23 pm

Invalidhost,

I sent you an email. If you respond to me via that email I can send you a pin drop on Google maps, and better explain the access.

[email protected]

Chris