Omak Lake - Mission Launch

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
mwdehaan
Petty Officer

Omak Lake - Mission Launch

Post by mwdehaan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Sup guys, been a while since I've posted anything here.

Earlier this year Omak Lake had it's special season it was gated off, nothing out of the ordinary. But about a month after that season was supposed to end the gate was still there. I'd thought for sure this was a misunderstanding so I went on a drive. Sure enough it was gated and locked, blocking vehicle access to the water, I suppose it'd be possible to walk around the gate. No signs were posted regarding any changes.

Recently I contacted a few people in the fish and wildlife department for the tribe to find out what's up and the information I'm receiving seems to be this could be a permanent thing. There's a few things cooking in the pot and I don't want to spread what I don't know isn't true, or things that might not happen anytime soon, but I have been given the impression that this will be gated off for a good long while, possibly permanent.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up because I know some of you travel from the coast and your preferred launch is the Mission Bay. I know it's mine as well and I'm here in Omak. I think I was out to Nicholson(Beercan) Launch about a month or so ago and it was pretty hard packed, pretty sure a 2WD could be fine with loading and unloading as long as it wasn't too heavy. I know I'd seen it a lot worse in the past.

Anyways, hope someone finds this helpful. I knew of several parties here in Omak that were confused. To my knowledge there were all sorts of people who used the Mission launch. It was by far the most level so anybody could launch a boat there and I was under the impression fly fishing clubs would launch and fish there because it was protected from the wind majority of the time.

Take it easy guys. I'll try to update this if I find out anything new and concrete.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Omak Lake - Mission Launch

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:26 pm

I’ll send you a PM, Mark.
Thanks for the heads up.