NE Oregon & SW Idaho mid-January

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
ElliottM
Angler

NE Oregon & SW Idaho mid-January

Post by ElliottM » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:28 pm

I will be traveling from central WA down to Boise in mid-January to pick up my wife and bring her home from visiting family. We both love to fish, and I am interested in fishing on the way down at a stop or two, and then we want to fish a few spots on the way back. Out boat is being serviced and may not be ready in time for the trip, so we are anticipating shore fishing. The reports on this site have scant info on for this part of the NW.

Are there good shore fishing places between Pendleton and Boise? I want to take my bride to Wallowa Lake sometime, but without a boat it seems like the wrong time of year. I would definitely appreciate suggestions!

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Re: NE Oregon & SW Idaho mid-January

Post by hewesbob » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:41 am

Ice fish Cascade Lake north of Boise, record perch.

ElliottM
Angler

Re: NE Oregon & SW Idaho mid-January

Post by ElliottM » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:51 am

Thanks, hewesbob. Someone else here in my town said the same thing. Maybe you or others can answer a question about fishing Cascade. The YT videos that I've watched all show the anglers using snowmobiles to get around the lake. I don't own and don't plan to rent a snowmobile, so is there any decent fishing accessible from shore? We are planning to camp in our pickup camper at the state park and ideally we hope the fishing may be ok from the shore there.