Smelly Walleye?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
eat-sleep-fish
Warrant Officer

Smelly Walleye?

Post by eat-sleep-fish » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:30 am

OK, I got one for you. The guys at work think I am nuts, they may be correct. Every day I drive over Alder street fill in Moses Lake and it smells like walleye. Do you guys think it is possible that there are so many going under the bridge that I can smell them? The sheer volume of fish it would take to do that would be incredible. Maybe it is my subconscious messing with me due to not being able to wet a line, or maybe there are thousands and thousands going through at night. Let me know your thoughts.
Last edited by eat-sleep-fish on Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Re: Smelly Walleye?

Post by fisherman92 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:18 am

I have noticed at certain times on certain lakes I can smell fish. Not sure if there is one dead on shore up wind of me or if my subconscious is playing tricks on me as well haha. Not sure how to explain it though. Also I'm rarely on lakes with walleye.. I think your on to something though..

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:15 pm

Of course, fish poop and pee in the water, lots of poop and pee will make the water smell.
Tom.

Interests: living

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:32 am

Either way, I say take it as a good sign. Rumor has it, when you've got the "Rona" you lose your sense of taste and "Smell". If you can smell them, then you're most likely Virus Free and you'll be ready when they finally decide we can fish and social distance at the same time. :cheers:

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:18 am

And don't forget fish, um, 'relations'. Certain times of the year they are just 'dumping' an amount of bodily fluids in the water in the hopes some of it will 'take'.
Other times there is a die off. On the 'wet' side there will be a great number of floating Stickle Back bodies along the shores, among other fish. :nemo: