Looking for insight into all things ‘Lake Roosevelt’

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Looking for insight into all things ‘Lake Roosevelt’

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:09 pm

Lake Roosevelt might be the last WA. state fishing bucket list place for me. I am thinking about taking my 1st trip over there 2nd or 3rd weekend in August.

Can someone tell me a few things regarding which launch is a good launch, etc. but also the reservoir is so huge, that I probably need to know which launch is closest to decent fishing grounds.
I will have about 12 gallons of gas on board, and I’m running a 40 hp. 4 stroke.

I would be targeting large native trout via trolling, and hopefully some bass if that’s an option. I have never fished Walleye, but I’d be open to giving it a try.

I’d like to rent a place via Airbnb, but I’m open to any links or ideas. I do not want to camp.

Thanks in advance for any particulars you can throw my way. I’m not asking for anybodies hot spots, except launches and lodging!

hewesfisher
Admiral

Re: Looking for insight into all things ‘Lake Roosevelt’

Post by hewesfisher » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:24 am

A lot will depend where you stay or plan to stay. PM me for my input. [wink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision