Lake chelan

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
rappuhd
Petty Officer

Lake chelan

Post by rappuhd » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:23 pm

Hello,
Not sure if anyone looks at the forum anymore, but in hopes someone does I will post. I would like to fish Chelan in the next couple weeks with a new to me trophy 24 foot boat. Is it possible to launch a boat that size this time of year? If so what launch?

Sideburns
Commander

Re: Lake chelan

Post by Sideburns » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:34 am

Only winter fished Chelan a couple times..... The launch at 200 Mill Rd, Manson, WA 98831 was great. Even with fresh snow overnight, the launch was always cleared and sanded for us first thing in the morning.
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

rappuhd
Petty Officer

Post by rappuhd » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:07 pm

Thank you that is very helpful. Did it seem like there was enough ramp and deep water to launch a bigger non aluminum boat?

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:29 am

Plenty of ramp and water to launch your boat at Mill Bay, you should check out a couple of maps, there are a couple rock piles not far from the end of the docks, easy to avoid if you know they are there. You can also launch in town just below the high school, great launch.

rappuhd
Petty Officer

Post by rappuhd » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:29 pm

Thank you very much!