Lake Chelan Cutthroat from Shore

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
justafisherman123
Angler

Lake Chelan Cutthroat from Shore

Post by justafisherman123 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:40 pm

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to target cutthroats from shore during spring(around April) in the north end of the lake (Stehekin docks), and what general lures I should use. Any tips will be appreciated, thank you!

BentRod
Admiral

Re: Lake Chelan Cutthroat from Shore

Post by BentRod » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:48 am

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Mxrk8Ge_gEU[/youtube]

Reach out to Tyler Hicks (SpiltMilt Productions). He's usually pretty helpful.

Otherwise, standard trout lures...spinners, spoons, flies, jigs, etc. I do suggest the KastMaster spoons as they get down in the water column quickly. I've never fished around the area you're referencing though, so can't offer much intel.

Good luck.

jd39
Commander

Re: Lake Chelan Cutthroat from Shore

Post by jd39 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:48 pm

Never fished up there but at about mid-lake fished from shore using a chartreuse berkley trout worm on a drop shot rig. Was just testing and messing around and ended up catching a few cutts fairly fast. Was surprised, give it a shot, no reason it shouldn’t work up there.