King County lk. to check out

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

King County lk. to check out

Post by The Quadfather » Sun May 27, 2007 12:38 am

I was going to write up a big to do on a very unknown lake I recently visited. I am not posting this under the secret lakes forum, just because I will say that the lake I refer to is Totem Lake here in Kirkland.
But instead of going into a lot of stuff I will just say that I'd love to see a few people go check this place out, and report back there findings.
This is one of those fishing holes where you are almost embarrased to be seen fishing. I mean it's kind of like fishing in some duck pond in the middle of Central Park, while old timers play checkers......
But anyway, the lake itself is fairly hard to find, and then actuall access to the water is almost/ but not totaly impossible.
I went down there on my lunch break with my rod a few days ago just on a lark to see if their might be some bass in there, kind of figuring maybe there was nothing but bullfrogs. I had been there about 5 minutes when this teenager comes up and says," Well, there is a fish right there." I look off the dock and see one of most incredible carp I've ever seen. I believe it was the Common Carp, this thing was as big as most any salmon I've seen. It went straight into this very heavily weedy area and begin like rolling over on the weeds. It actually sort of would lay on top of dense weeds which supported it sort of out of the water, and then do a big flop back in.
When I say supported it, don't that fool you. I went there praying to see a small mouth or a bullhead or something, this thing was that fish from "On Golden Pond" with Henry Fonda.

Anyway, I hope someone will check this place out, and report back. And for those of you who ever look at those bull frog pronged fork things in the sporting goods stores, and wonder where the @#@$ can I find a B-frog? This is place is it's own freaky eco-system right in the middle of burbia, with B-frogs everywhere.
[-o<
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

flying_soldier
Petty Officer

RE:King County lk. to check out

Post by flying_soldier » Sun May 27, 2007 8:35 pm

Hey Chris, I checked out the lake for a while with two of my kids earlier today after your email this week. We tried a llittle of everyting including a bobber and worm but didn't get a single bite. I might give it one more shot some time but I am highly doubtful there is much in there worth catching.
"Ultimately the courage to do the harder right rather than the
easier wrong is easiest to find when we are reminded regularly of the
immense sacrifices and miraculous bravery of people like our US soldiers."

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun May 27, 2007 10:55 pm

Ah.. Flying Soldier,, don't forget about the monster elusive carp. Fishing is fishing, even when the target is garbage fish. (-:
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed May 30, 2007 3:59 pm

Yeah Iv been to the little shopping area called totem lake and wondered if there actually was a lake. There has to be catfish you would think. But does anybody know about that lake behind Target in South Center

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:55 pm

It's pretty fun to throw out a line in little lakes like that and see what happens...Me and my buddy fish 3 small irrigation ponds that are no bigger then swimming pools and they are loaded with bass...Not huge, but fun to get nonetheless...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Wed May 30, 2007 6:29 pm

I used to fish there when I was bored because of proximity to home and have only caught carp on a rare occasion.